4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2006 10:59 PM by amadas

Backwards Compatability

Giles_Papworth
      I am sure that this question has been asked before. I need to export a connection key to a customer who has version 2 and i have olbviosly version 3. However when they try and load the connection key it says file not recognised.

I have never used version 2 so i am not sure if you can use connection keys and if you can how you import them.

If version 2 is not compatable with version 3 connection keys then does any one know a way (other than getting them to set up their connection over the phone) of getting the connection key or settings from version 3 to version 2.

Cheers
        • 1. Backwards Compatability
          HangD Level 1
          Be sure to check out the Contribute 3 tecNotes http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19497

There are two modes you can set Contribute to, Transition and Compatibility --
          One thing to note in Transition mode, "You can use Contribute 1 or 2 connection keys in Contribute 3, but you cannot use Contribute 3 connection keys in Contribute 1 or 2."
          • 2. Re: Backwards Compatability
            clickwhirr
            Probably an obvious question, but is this also true of C4 and C3 compatibility? In other words, can someone with C4 connect to a C3 contribute site?

Thanks,
            Jack
            • 3. Re: Backwards Compatability
              Level 7
              clickwhirr wrote:
              > Probably an obvious question, but is this also true of C4 and C3 compatibility? In other words, can someone with C4 connect to a C3 contribute site?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Jack

C2 Vs C3/C4 = Not Compatible. Administration settings of C3/C4 will not
              be applicable to C2 users even if you run C3/C4 in Transition Mode.
              People using C2, its high time for you folks to think about upgrading.

C3 Vs C4 = Compatible via Transition mode. Some of the C4 administration
              settings that are not available in C3 will only be not applicable but
              common settings will be applicable.

- Connection keys are version specific amongst all these.

Arun
              • 4. Re: Backwards Compatability
                amadas
                C2 vs C3 = C2 Vs C4.... http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19497

C3 and C4 work seemlessly without any problems... You can just work with either of these and it is independent of the mode that you select (Transition mode / Compatibility mode), these modes are only applicable to C2 and not Between C3 and C4.