1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2006 1:43 AM by duckets

Tables/Grids in Mac/OSX???

SafariTECH Level 1
      As a developer, I have never been required to create any apps that run outside of Windows before.

I now have a client that wants something built to run on OSX as well as Windows.

We usually use Macromedia Director as the choice because it is cross-platform by design and we have never come across anything it cannot do compared to any other development platform.

However, I have come across a puzzling discovery. There does not appear to be an Xtra that will create scrollable tables/grids in Director (that allows both text and images) for Mac/OSX!

There are many options (and I have used many of them with great success) in Windows, but despite the fact that Director is cross-platform nobody has been successful in creating a smooth functioning grid of this nature for Mac/OSX ... in fact they (Xtra devs) clearly state they cannot create one for Mac/OSX

So, I am hoping that somebody out there can explain what they are using with Director to create nice looking scrollable tables/grids that can contain both images and text for their projects in Mac/OSX? There has to be a way to do it, since I really can't see how many types of projects could be built without one.

Thanks for any advice in advance.