2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2006 6:45 PM by Lexonex

Flash wont install!

ReeVeS1881 Level 1
      please help. ive tryed everything i can think of but my flash player wont install. I went to the main site and tryed downloading it but it ended up like this:

Picture1

then quickly turns into this:

Picture2
      i tryed downloading the standalone version so i didnt have to install through the browser and yet it turned into this:

Picture3

please help!
        • 1. Re: Flash wont install!
          Lexonex Level 1
          same damn problem I am probably having...When using IE and deleting temporary internat files it disables/corrupts/removes proper function of the adobe flash player....You can reinstall all night long and it will claim a "successful" installation but, it is not....YOU MUST FIRST UNINSTALL ADOBE FLASH PLAYER USING THE ONLY TOOL THAT WILL DO THIS WHICH IS THE FLASH PLAYER UNINSTALLER FROM THE ADOBE WEBSITE....BE SURE AND SAVE IT BECAUSE YOU WILL BE USING IT FOREVER.....Once you have used the uninstaller program you can then sucessfully and truthfully download the latest adobe flash player.......WILL SOMEBODY FROM ADOBE FIX THIS!........

Adobe Uninstaller at bottom of page
          • 2. Flash wont install!
            Lexonex Level 1
            There seems to be an "object" in the temporary files object folder..see for yourself...tools-internet options-General-Settings-then click view objects.....here it is:

{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

When you clean out your temporary files this goes with it and your flash will not operate...you can try and reinstall it all night long...your dead...nothing....you must FIRST GO TO THE ADOBE UNINSTALLER and run that program to uninstall COMPLETELY the flash....Having done that, you can now install the flash and this time it will take......