2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2006 10:54 AM by Nickels55

Framerate issues

Paige Annabelle Turner
      For some reason I seem to have a problem exporting a flash at 30 fps. It is not a long animation, nor is it a complicated one, but here's the problem.
      When I run it off my hard drive, it opens in Flash Player and runs perfectly. However, as soon as I open it in a browser (or upload it to a site and view it there, as a result), it seems to run significantly slower - at most 24 fps, but it looks closer to 18. I have tried both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and have met the same problem in both cases.
      I turn the quality to Low and shrink the window to a fraction of the size but this makes no difference whatsoever to its performance.
      I am currently stuck with an animation that looks fine on my computer (or anyone else's provided I send them the actual file directly), but lags and runs out of time with the soundtrack immensely when viewed under any other circumstances.
      A little help?
        • 1. Re: Framerate issues
          Level 7
          Yes - been discussed here several times - as recently as the past 12 hours - yes, frame rate in
          flash is not like pre-rendered video - flash is dynamic and renders on the fly in the player -
          browsers have overhead in the form of toolbars and plugins that can cause performance issues -
          running any kind of file locally is always going to be more efficient and faster - less overhead.
          Perhaps yoyu are point your browser to just the SWF? if so then your movie is scaling with the
          browser and this could be the cause - or you have a lot of transparency or gradients or
          bitmaps...etc....hard to say without being able to see it.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

Professor Fate wrote:
          > For some reason I seem to have a problem exporting a flash at 30 fps. It is not
          > a long animation, nor is it a complicated one, but here's the problem.
          > When I run it off my hard drive, it opens in Flash Player and runs perfectly.
          > However, as soon as I open it in a browser (or upload it to a site and view it
          > there, as a result), it seems to run significantly slower - at most 24 fps, but
          > it looks closer to 18. I have tried both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
          > and have met the same problem in both cases.
          > I turn the quality to Low and shrink the window to a fraction of the size but
          > this makes no difference whatsoever to its performance.
          > I am currently stuck with an animation that looks fine on my computer (or
          > anyone else's provided I send them the actual file directly), but lags and runs
          > out of time with the soundtrack immensely when viewed under any other
          > circumstances.
          > A little help?
          >
          • 2. Re: Framerate issues
            Nickels55 Level 2
            Preloading might help. Then Flash doesn't have to render and load at the same time.