1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2006 4:32 PM by Newsgroup_User

What is the best C# to Director Communication? dll?

Calvin1509 Level 1
      Currently I am trying to get C# and Director to have a very neat and tidy conversation and am finding that using the localConnection method inside a swf to talk between the two is becoming difficult with the amount of different types of information that is being past back and forth. Can you recommend any other way of passing variables?

I see dll mentioned a view times in this forum, is that a possible solution? Is there a direction that you can point me to to understand any type of dll, C#, director integration? I am having trouble find good examples or other possible communication solutions.

Thanks for the help!
        • 1. Re: What is the best C# to Director Communication? dll?
          Level 7
          Can you make an activeX with C#. If you can make a control, you can link in
          an activeX. You have to make it a sprite, but you can put it off stage. I've
          not yet tried to use .net to make an ActiveX, only VB6.

There are some xtras for linking dlls into your program. Dllglue for
          instance. Google around for "dll xtra", or go to mediamacros.com or
          updatestage.com's mile high table of products and look for xtras that import
          dlls'.

Timm

"iPhotoStuff2" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:egjm1t$9h1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Currently I am trying to get C# and Director to have a very neat and tidy
          > conversation and am finding that using the localConnection method inside a
          > swf
          > to talk between the two is becoming difficult with the amount of different
          > types of information that is being past back and forth. Can you recommend
          > any
          > other way of passing variables?
          >
          > I see dll mentioned a view times in this forum, is that a possible
          > solution?
          > Is there a direction that you can point me to to understand any type of
          > dll,
          > C#, director integration? I am having trouble find good examples or other
          > possible communication solutions.
          >
          > Thanks for the help!
          >