Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing, Conditional Build Tags

Oct 18, 2006 Oct 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Working with RH HTML X5

I guess this must have been repeated, I had a search and also read few threads on it but didnt find anything or something that I was looking for or I was getting it wrong.

Question
1. I have created a chm file and now I want to make this a Word or Print (any print form), I was able to edit a new Source Layout and create a a custom print layout, but still this did not help me to format as per my requirments (There were few blank pages in the printed output). Can we create like a Template that can be used to print - This template would be having Title page or something like that? IF this is not possible how can we make this kind of changes in the Source Layout or is there anywhere else I can make changes to the custom layouts?

Hope am clear above.

2. Conditional Build Tags
Can we apply this tags to a Topic rather then its content? Like what I want to do is create 4 different manual for one software for four different users from one Project? Because after selecting my Output according to certain tags I get blank pages in my .chm file which I had omited to generate for that specific manual

Hope am clear above.

Thx for all your help

Kewal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2006 Oct 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Experience has shown that creating home brewed templates often leads to little problems that you don't readily identify with that template. This also occurs where there is nothing wrong with your template! Take a look at the topics on Printing on my site.

Yes. Right click on the topic in Project Manager. Take a look in RoboHelp's own help. Blank pages are possibly to do with selecting start new pages on odd pages, perhaps the styles you have used and perhaps some blank lines at the end of a topic. Easiest thing is to just delete them in Word.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp