2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2006 1:10 PM by Tim Will Do It

Licensing Standalone Flash Player.

Tim Will Do It Level 1
      I've searched the forum to see if this question is already addressed. I found one or two that are close, but do not directly apply to my question. I've read the standard distribution license agreement for the Standalone Flash Player, but I can't interpret "legalese" and I just want to be sure.

I want to distribute the standalone Flash Player on CD to prospective clients to play a .swf presentation highlighting the benefits of using my services as a real estate agent. Before you suggest that I simply package the presentation as a Projector file, I can't do that. The presentation will reside on the Internet. The standalone Flash Player on the CD will play the presentation from the Internet. That's why I can't distribute it as a Projector file.

Additionally, running the presentation in a browser window using the Flash plug-in is not a workable solution either. So before making an alternative solution, I've already been down those roads. My question is very specific. The FAQ seems to say that the standard distribution license agreement allows me to distribute the standalone Flash Player on CD to anyone. Is that, in fact, the case? Can I copy the standalone Flash Player to CDs to distribute to anyone? And if so, does the standard distribution license agreement cover it? Thanks to all.

Tim