2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2006 11:10 AM by ageofem

Print Optimization

otbdesign Level 1
      My printer is looking for an AI or EPS file for a logo we are working on. I have created a vector image in FW and can not see how to get him the format he needs. In fact, I can not see how to save it as either of those options. Do I have any way in FW to handle this? I have tried opening a PNG created in FW in Photoshop in the past and it loses all vectoring.

TIA
        • 1. Re: Print Optimization
          Level 7
          Fireworks is not designed for print. It won't do what you want. You need
          to use Illustrator or Photoshop. Fireworks is only for web or screen
          graphics.

HTH, Tony

"otbdesign" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:eh8d2t$hl6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > My printer is looking for an AI or EPS file for a logo we are working on.
          > I
          > have created a vector image in FW and can not see how to get him the
          > format he
          > needs. In fact, I can not see how to save it as either of those options.
          > Do I
          > have any way in FW to handle this? I have tried opening a PNG created in
          > FW in
          > Photoshop in the past and it loses all vectoring.
          >
          > TIA
          >

• 2. Re: Print Optimization
            ageofem
            hmmm for the logo, try to remove to the complex blend modes, instead you can replicate it, just use the color picker . .... for example, u have a circle with a gradient shape, just try to recreate the gradient using different shapes, well its a complex thing to do,

2.) you could always use photoshopcs to import your vector objects, it works fine for me.

3.) try to post ur image so that i could see it