2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2006 8:33 AM by Brian.Mccaffery

    TOC not displayed

    YuliaM
      When the webhelp zip file is deployed to a local filesystem, we can navigate the help content with no problem. However, when we deploy the content to a subfolder within the application, the TOC navigation does not display. (At the bottom of the browser there is a Javascript error. )

      We have created a new "help" subfolder within the application that we deploy the contents into...does that extra directory level cause some problem within the help content? We were under the assumption that we can put the content at any level within the application. Is that not the case? (Note: In the help content Javascript, there are references to project paths and project roots...could this have any impact?)
        • 1. TOC not displayed
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi YuliaM and welcome to our community

          When you moved the folder, are you certain you also moved or included all the Sub Folders that are part of your WebHelp project? These have names like WHDATA, WHGDATA and WHXDATA.

          Original
          Application.exe
          WebHelpStartPage.HTM
          WHDATA (folder)
          WHGDATA (folder)
          WHXDATA (folder)

          New (Incorrect)
          Application.exe
          HELP (folder)
          ** WebHelpStartPage.HTM
          WHDATA (folder)
          WHGDATA (folder)
          WHXDATA (folder)

          New (Correct)
          Application.exe
          HELP (folder)
          ** WebHelpStartPage.HTM
          ** WHDATA (folder)
          ** WHGDATA (folder)
          ** WHXDATA (folder)

          Note that the folders I mentioned are INSIDE the HELP folder.

          If you didn't take care to move these along as well, that's likely your issue. If you did move them, I'm a bit stumped.

          Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: TOC not displayed
            Brian.Mccaffery Level 1
            Hello YuliaM,

            If all the files are in the correct place, the problem would most likely be on the Webserver.
            Check the security settings for file type exclusions etc.

            Brian