4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2006 6:17 AM by mat1492

Closing multiple windows

mat1492 Level 1
      Hi all,

New to Flex, naturally, and am looking for a way to close all open windows with one button. Can that be done relatively easy?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Closing multiple windows
          leotemp Level 1
          depends on what you define as easy, you could easily create a collection like an array and track all your open windows with it and then pass the array to a function that will loop throught he collection and close all the items.
          • 2. Re: Closing multiple windows
            mat1492 Level 1
            Hi Leotemp,

I guess I was looking for a little easier answer:)
            • 3. Re: Closing multiple windows
              leotemp Level 1
              Well honestly that is easy, If your asking for something like a collection in flex that tracks all that for you im not sure if that exists. Im not sure what you mean buy windows, do you mean browsers? Like is there a way from flex to close every browser window it has spawned? Thats probably possible but I have no idea how, If your looking for a way to make all the components or canvases in your app say disappear thats alot easier. Anyways, let me know more specifically what you are attempting.
              • 4. Re: Closing multiple windows
                mat1492 Level 1
                Hi Leotemp,

Sorry for being so obtuse. I am a coldfusion programmer and this is my initial foray into Flex. I used the ColdFusion Wizard to connect to a database and build the flex interface. The wizard creates a navigation bar at the top of the browser window with a series of LinkButtons that open up smaller windows. Each window gives the user access to a component of the database that you set up in the Wizard and can spawn other windows. Because the user could open quite a few windows I was looking for an easy way to just have one LinkButton to close them all. I have created a dummy LinkButton on the navigation bar and was hoping to use that to close them with.

Thanks for taking in interest in my plight!