1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2006 10:33 AM by Newsgroup_User

Is it possible to create my own shaped text box? Please help! Thanks!

nacnudn
      Hi, just wondering is it possible to create my own shape for a text block? Becuase the only thing i can see is a simple rectangle that you can resize or reshape, but other than that nothing. I know you could just skew the box to the needed shape but this also warps the text which i cant do. If anyone knows anything it would be much appriciated.

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Need expert advise -- Is it possible to create my own shaped text box?
          Level 7
          It sounds like you want to put your text inside a circle, ellipse, or other
          shape besides a rectangle. I don't know of any way to do this in fireworks.
          Also, I am not aware of native dreamweaver function that makes it work, but
          here is a CSS way to do it.

http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/curvelicious/demo.html

Good luck,
          Tony

"nacnudn" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:eh6i1o$81t$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi, just wondering is it possible to create my own shape for a text block?
          > Becuase the only thing i can see is a simple rectangle that you can resize
          > or
          > reshape, but other than that nothing. I know you could just skew the box
          > to the
          > needed shape but this also warps the text which i cant do. If anyone knows
          > anything it would be much appriciated.
          >
          > Thanks
          >