5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2006 8:48 AM by Newsgroup_User

Fireworks Mx Punch Command

joepd

Hi,
      I used punch to make a rounded corner inside two 90 degree rectangles but I don't kow how to get rid of the white space residue from the punch rectangle. How do I do it. Trim canvas and fit doesn't. I'm stumped.

Joe
        • 1. Re: Fireworks Mx Punch Command
          Level 7
          White space residue? I am trying to picture where. Can you post the image
          or describe further?

Thanks,
          Tony

"joepd" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:egoml2$hhg$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >
          > Hi,
          > I used punch to make a rounded corner inside two 90 degree rectangles but
          > I
          > don't kow how to get rid of the white space residue from the punch
          > rectangle.
          > How do I do it. Trim canvas and fit doesn't. I'm stumped.
          >
          > Joe
          >

• 2. Re: Fireworks Mx Punch Command
            Level 7
            joepd wrote:
            >
            > Hi,
            > I used punch to make a rounded corner inside two 90 degree rectangles but I
            > don't kow how to get rid of the white space residue from the punch rectangle.
            > How do I do it. Trim canvas and fit doesn't. I'm stumped.

Instead of punching, why not use the Rounded rectangle auto shape and
            square two of the corners?

--
            Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            http://www.projectseven.com
            Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
            CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
            Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            • 3. Re: Fireworks Mx Punch Command
              joepd Level 1
              Thank you Tony and Linda for the quick response. Here is what I did:
              1. Drew a horizontal Rectangle 800 by 100 pixels,
              2. Drew another rectangle at right angles to the edge of the first one.
              3. I selected both went to modify, combine and Union.
              4. I then drew another large rectangle and placed it over the inside of the two perpendicular rectangles, rounded its corners to 25 degrees and selected all and did a modify, combine, punch.
              5. It punched out the large rectangle and left a nice round in the perpendicular rectangles.
              6. I trimmed the canvas and exported as a gif image with html..
              7, I then wanted to put this .gif into a table on a Dreamweaver sheet and I get the white space of the Fireworks canvas as well asthe rectangle with rounded inards. I can't trim the canvas away from the rectangles with rounded inards.
              • 4. Re: Fireworks Mx Punch Command
                joepd Level 1
                Thank you Tony and Linda for the quick response. Here is what I did:
                1. Drew a horizontal Rectangle 800 by 100 pixels,
                2. Drew another rectangle at right angles to the edge of the first one.
                3. I selected both went to modify, combine and Union.
                4. I then drew another large rectangle and placed it over the inside of the two perpendicular rectangles, rounded its corners to 25 degrees and selected all and did a modify, combine, punch.
                5. It punched out the large rectangle and left a nice round in the perpendicular rectangles.
                6. I trimmed the canvas and exported as a gif image with html..
                7, I then wanted to put this .gif into a table on a Dreamweaver sheet and I get the white space of the Fireworks canvas as well asthe rectangle with rounded inards. I can't trim the canvas away from the rectangles with rounded inards.

• 5. Re: Fireworks Mx Punch Command
                  Level 7
                  I am still not understanding the problem. Possibly the following tutorial
                  (and the follow-up one referenced at the end for slicing) will help you. If
                  not, you are going to have to post the web page or at least the FW png to
                  get further help.

http://www.joycejevans.com/tutorials/Fireworks/FWMX/curvednav/curvednav.htm

Tony

"joepd" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:egov8h$rfn$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > Thank you Tony and Linda for the quick response. Here is what I did:
                  > 1. Drew a horizontal Rectangle 800 by 100 pixels,
                  > 2. Drew another rectangle at right angles to the edge of the first one.
                  > 3. I selected both went to modify, combine and Union.
                  > 4. I then drew another large rectangle and placed it over the inside of
                  > the
                  > two perpendicular rectangles, rounded its corners to 25 degrees and
                  > selected
                  > all and did a modify, combine, punch.
                  > 5. It punched out the large rectangle and left a nice round in the
                  > perpendicular rectangles.
                  > 6. I trimmed the canvas and exported as a gif image with html..
                  > 7, I then wanted to put this .gif into a table on a Dreamweaver sheet and
                  > I
                  > get the white space of the Fireworks canvas as well asthe rectangle with
                  > rounded inards. I can't trim the canvas away from the rectangles with
                  > rounded
                  > inards.
                  >
                  >
                  >