2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2006 10:26 AM by MayerReed

Movie control in AS

MayerReed
      I am trying to use AS to control navigation in my Web site. The navbar is loaded into layer 0, and the .swf file called up by pressing each button is loaded into layer 1. Subsequent commands however seem to be ignored. For instance. If a button in the movie in layer 1 reads this way:
      ====================
      on (release) {
      loadMovie ("staffinfo.swf",1);frameToGoTo=2
      }
        • 1. Re: Movie control in AS
          TimSymons Level 1
          Is the navbar sitll working? It sounds like you are saying that the navbar stops working but then you say that the code in layer 1 (and I think you mean _level) isn't working. So...is it the movie in _level1 or _level0 that is not working after the first try?

Tim
          • 2. Re: Movie control in AS
            MayerReed Level 1
            I'm sorry - the forum apparently cut off the last half of my message so of course it would not be clear. Continuation of message follows:

For instance. If a button in the movie in level 1 reads this way:
            ====================
            on (release) {
            loadMovie ("staffinfo.swf",1);frameToGoTo=2
            }
            ====================

the movie in level 1 is replaced by the 'staffinfo.swf' movie. But it does not go to frame 2. Future attempts to use the navigation buttons in level 0 mayor may not work, with no consistancy that I can work out. Eventually clicking a navigation button will cause the entire navbar in level 0 to disappear. All the navbar buttons have the same code - loading a different .swf file into level 1.

Apparently there is some basic logic to using levels that I don't understand, but I can't find anything in the documentation to help me - I appear to be doing what is suggested. Is there some indepth instruction on using the Load and UnloadMovie commands as navigation tools in Flash? The basic online manual section isn't helping.

--end of post--