3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2006 2:26 AM by blackt12

Tutorial suggestion.

blackt12
      Hello,
      I am new to flash and i dont have verymuch money anymore beacuse i spent it all on flash, i was wondering could you point to me a good tutorial (free, hopefully) on where i can learn to make people move and jump around with lots of action like in this animation..
      Thanks,
      Tom.
        • 1. Re: Tutorial suggestion.
          The_Real_Ciber
          Funny movie ;)

I suggest flashkit.com and the best of all, the one with all answers... Google.com :)
          • 2. Re: Tutorial suggestion.
            Walter Elias Level 2
            What you need for that is not Flash lessons, but lessons in traditional character animation. There are numerous books you can find at your local library, and if they don't have them, you can request them through inter-library loan. A few good primers in character animation are:

The Animator's Workbook by Tony White
            Cartoon Animation by Preston Blair (the Bible of all animators)

I can't emphasize enough: the animation you want to do has NOTHING to do with computers or Flash. It is a matter of human skill in making things move. And that skill is highly learnable...and fun to learn.

Fortunately, Flash is a wonderful program to use to practice that skill, since you can see the results instantly, and tweak them at will. But Flash doesn't do the work or make the magic, your fingers do.
            • 3. Re: Tutorial suggestion.
              blackt12 Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: Walter Elias
              What you need for that is not Flash lessons, but lessons in traditional character animation. There are numerous books you can find at your local library, and if they don't have them, you can request them through inter-library loan. A few good primers in character animation are:

The Animator's Workbook by Tony White
              Cartoon Animation by Preston Blair (the Bible of all animators)

I can't emphasize enough: the animation you want to do has NOTHING to do with computers or Flash. It is a matter of human skill in making things move. And that skill is highly learnable...and fun to learn.

Fortunately, Flash is a wonderful program to use to practice that skill, since you can see the results instantly, and tweak them at will. But Flash doesn't do the work or make the magic, your fingers do.

Thank You, i will get going to the library.