2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2006 9:05 AM by relentless_flash_add

Screen constantly flashes when loading flash site

patbegg
      Hi,
      I have a sparadic problem, i have been told that occasionally when the site is loaded the entire page will constantly flash until refreshed. The problem is on both Mac and PC, and on Firefox, IE and Safari, which leads me to believe there is a bug, or something i am doing in the code. It has happened on 2 sites, www.charlesward.com and www.djhdesign.com
      If anyone else has had this problem please let me know if you found a solution. If anyone is willing to help i can send you the .FLA.

Thanks for any help,
      Pat
        • 1. Re: Screen constantly flashes when loading flash site
          Level 7

patbegg wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I have a sparadic problem, i have been told that occasionally when the site is
          > loaded the entire page will constantly flash until refreshed. The problem is on
          > both Mac and PC, and on Firefox, IE and Safari, which leads me to believe there
          > is a bug, or something i am doing in the code. It has happened on 2 sites,
          > www.charlesward.com and www.djhdesign.com
          > If anyone else has had this problem please let me know if you found a
          > solution. If anyone is willing to help i can send you the .FLA.

Hi Path
          It does it for me too, not an entire page by loaded images. My guess is that your
          preloader loop action has problem. After loading goes to frame and comes back to the
          loader frame. Perhaps no stop action on the frame where image is ? There is for sure
          a loop, you need to place stop action somewhere and all should be ok. Beside that
          nothing else seem to be making problems.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Screen constantly flashes when loading flash site
            relentless_flash_add
            i'm not sure but if u have and am almost sure u do movies inside that it could be that there is an empty frame. i was working on a dropdown menu and some howww managed to get an empty frame in there when thde file plays and loops it plays over the empty frame that some how causes the entire movie to flicker kinda like if doing a php chatroom with constant flickering caused from the page being refreshed everytime it communicates with the server or sql server. Try checking over the MCs you have in it