7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2006 9:28 AM by Newsgroup_User

Frame Rate Help - Flash 8

microdrone
      I am having a real frustrating problem. I am using flash 8 (mac) and my movie settings are set at 24fps. However when I watch what I have on my timeline my fps rate will slow way down to like 10, 8, 11.
      Anyone help? The animation isn't complex... I did this stuff on my PC all the time and never had this problem (I just switched to mac)

It SHOULDN'T BE my machine. 4 gigs of ram with a dual 3.0 intel.

I really have no idea...
      Thanks.

Any advice is appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Frame Rate Help - Flash 8
          Level 7

microdrone wrote:
          > I am having a real frustrating problem. I am using flash 8 (mac) and my movie
          > settings are set at 24fps. However when I watch what I have on my timeline my
          > fps rate will slow way down to like 10, 8, 11.
          > Anyone help? The animation isn't complex... I did this stuff on my PC all the
          > time and never had this problem (I just switched to mac)

Not trying to be mean but this is the exact reason why many of us stay away from Mac
          while working in flash. Regardless what people say, bottom line is never work as good
          on Mac as it does on windows. It was the case ever since flash was made till this very day.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Frame Rate Help - Flash 8
            Rafiq Elmansy, AEL, ACP Level 2
            Hi
            what is the content of your animation? Is the SWF published file play ok?
            • 3. Re: Frame Rate Help - Flash 8
              microdrone Level 1
              Hey Rafiq,

Basically two jpg MC's. Nope, the published file works fine - Just when I am editing it within flash and viewing it in the flash player. Bugs the crap out of me.
              • 4. Re: Frame Rate Help - Flash 8
                microdrone Level 1
                Hey Urami,

Yeah, I am thinking a bout loading Windows onto this Mac... I've had nothing but problems since I got it.
                Thanks

But still I am sure there are PLENTY of people that use flash and a mac... looking to hear what they have to say.
                • 5. Re: Frame Rate Help - Flash 8
                  microdrone Level 1
                  Hmmm... just noticed when I shrink the % down to like 60% she runs smooth.
                  I guess it is a fairly large document and I am on a 30inch monitor... That must have something to do with it?
                  • 6. Re: Frame Rate Help - Flash 8
                    Level 7
                    Yes - understand that flash is dynamic and renders on the fly in the flash player - if you make your
                    movie too processor intensive, it will chug - flash is not like pre-rendered video at a fixed frame
                    rate.
                    Compounded by the fact you are on a Mac (macs, as urami mentioned, play a lot slower than PCs) is
                    making it worse. I hate when i animate something and get it perfect - put it online, and then i see
                    it played back on a mac at 1/2 the speed - bums me out all the time.

I'm curious to find out if flash running in windows on a mac actually works better.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
                    --> www.mudbubble.com
                    --> www.keyframer.com

microdrone wrote:
                    > Hmmm... just noticed when I shrink the % down to like 60% she runs smooth.
                    > I guess it is a fairly large document and I am on a 30inch monitor... That must have something to do with it?
                    • 7. Re: Frame Rate Help - Flash 8
                      Level 7
                      > I'm curious to find out if flash running in windows on a mac actually
                      works better.

Indeed. In theory it should, as it's the Mac version of Flash player that
                      causes the problem...

--
                      -------------------------------
                      Remove '_spamkiller_' to mail
                      -------------------------------