3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2006 7:41 AM by knallore_adobe

Compiling FDS project on server

pwp69 Level 1
      I created an FDS project and set it to compile when the page is viewed.

When I display the page all I get is the main.mxml displayed as text.

I am using Apache and Tomcat on WinXP.

How do I get Tomcat to compile the mxml file?

pwp
        • 1. Re: Compiling FDS project on server
          jasowill Level 1
          Check for errors during startup, If there are no errors it sounds suspiciously like the FlexMXMLServlet configuration and servlet mapping are missing or incorrect.
          • 2. Re: Compiling FDS project on server
            pwp69 Level 1
            Thanks, jasowill.

I suspect I may either not have Tomcat's worker.properties or mod_jk.conf set up correctly for the app.

I have a website (www.testsite.com) that is forwarded to my local apache webserver (192.168.1.99) by dyndns

Here's my workers.properties:

# the list of workers
            worker.list= fds01

# Defines a worker named "fds01" that uses the ajpv13 protocol to forward requests to a Tomcat process.
            worker.fds01.type=ajp13
            worker.fds01.host=192.168.1.99
            worker.fds01.port=8009
            worker.fds01.lbfactor=1
            worker.fds01.connection_pool_size=10
            worker.fds01.connection_pool_timeout=600
            worker.fds01.socket_keepalive=1
            worker.fds01.socket_timeout=60

Here's my mod_jk.conf. I took the file Tomcat automatically generated at startup and added a couple of things. I don't understand how Tomcat determines how to process .mxml files.

What am I missing?

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
            LoadModule jk_module "C:/apache/Apache/modules/mod_jk.so"
            </IfModule>

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.99:80

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.99>
            ServerName www.testsite.com
            ServerAlias *.testsite.com
            JkMount /test ajp13
            JkMount /test/* ajp13
            </VirtualHost>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------
            The jotm has me a bit puzzled. ( http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flex/2/install.html#additionalj2ee)

Do I have to create one of these for each application. Is it needed for building the mxml or is it just used to handle requests for FDS?

• 3. Re: Compiling FDS project on server
              knallore_adobe Level 1
              The following JOTM related entry needs to be created for each instance of FDS:

****************************************************************************************

3. Create a tomcat-root/conf/Catalina/localhost/webapp-name.xml file and add the following lines (assuming a web application name of samples):

<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/samples" privileged="true"
              antiResourceLocking="false" antiJARLocking="false">
              <Transaction factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60"/>
              </Context>
              ****************************************************************************************

HTH
              Kumaran Nallore
              FDS QA