3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2006 7:42 PM by James Newton, ACP

How to decide to install application in server or PCs

Level 7

Hello:
      In a network (4 PCs), can I show in one PC only its information and others
      PC's does not see this information (pictures, swf, text...) even though are
      running the same application?

How do I install the application, in the server and PCs have an direct
      access to the application or to install the application in all PCs and in
      the server?

I have no idea with multiuser.
      Thank you

• 1. Re: How to decide to install application in server or PCs
          willt333
          check out advanced installer its a free installer as long as you use the free version you can have it forever its extrememly useful forgot the URL just type advanced installer in google :)
          • 2. Re: How to decide to install application in server or PCs
            Level 7
            Yes, you can do this with multiuser client/server solution.
            Anyway - did you think about very simple "mechanical" solution? With 4
            computers only you may easily arrange the situation through simple text
            message printed on everybody's screen:

"Fernando, Lucia, Dolores - please turn off your monitor now and switch
            it on again after 10 minutes! And you, Pablo - please proceed with your
            test!" ;-)

Ziggi

Anne wrote:
            > Hello:
            > In a network (4 PCs), can I show in one PC only its information and others
            > PC's does not see this information (pictures, swf, text...) even though are
            > running the same application?
            >
            > How do I install the application, in the server and PCs have an direct
            > access to the application or to install the application in all PCs and in
            > the server?
            >
            > I have no idea with multiuser.
            > Thank you
            >
            >
            • 3. Re: How to decide to install application in server or PCs
              James Newton, ACP Level 3
              I am not sure how this is a multiuser question. Perhaps you could provide more information on what you are trying to do.

If I am guessing right, you want to have four machines connected to the same multiuser application, and have one of them act as a sort of "master". If this is the case, presumably you have some way for the user to provide a username and password. You could provide a special username and password for the user of the "master" machine. If the user enters a "master" username, then the movie could jump to the "master" marker; if not, it jumps to the "ordinary" marker.