Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Response time in these forums

Enthusiast ,
Oct 20, 2006 Oct 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Today, and several times previously, the message functions get bogged down somehow.

For example, when I compose a message and click Preview, the preview window doesn't load completely. I can close it, but when I send my message, the browser progress bar gets stuck for awhile. Eventually the piece gets posted.

Sometimes I get a timeout error from my company's Web traffic monitoring system. It says we haven't heard from the remote site for a long time and I should try again later.

If no other forum readers have this problem, I might know where to start looking.

Thanks.

Harvey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harvey

Yup, I've been seeing the same thing for the last few weeks.

As a former co-worker would say (and probably still says) "Flustratin, aint it?"

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count yourself lucky to have any response at all. We've had no phone / internet line for two days after a driver decided to avoid running over a bird that had landed in the road and instead slammed into the telegraph pole outside the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my fourth attempt to post.

Posted a response a little while ago. Everthing froze and the following error was displayed:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

What I was trying to post was;

This is now a daily occurrence for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Same problem from the office and home. At home I connect via AOL Broadband

Regards,

Brian

I'll capture the error mesage from my home machine next time it occurs and post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Adobe guys --

We know you read these blurbs.

What's up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2006 Oct 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harvey,

Whilst waiting for the timeout to hit this morning, a little thought crossed my mind. In a previous life, a slightly similar problem happened from time-to-time to my users accessing the companies website (my users were the company's customers). It turned out that some changes were made to the firewalls oneortuther end. By clearing the cache, then deleting the shortcut, and accessing the site by typing the address in IE, the problem disappeared. Nearly forgot, added site to favorites again.

Not being one to shout eureka too soon, I followed that procedure to see if it helped.

So far so good, but I'll reserve judgement for a day or two.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2006 Oct 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, so much for that theory. No problems for a day, then it came back. Built my hopes up there

Any Adobe chappies had a look yet?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp