1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2006 6:51 PM by Newsgroup_User

rare Flash Button Question

sideshowBRAD
      Hi there, I have been trying unsucessfully to create a 2 buttons. a previous and a forward button.

Now I know most of you are thinking just do prevframe(); etc . but this is a little more complicated. It is in a flash website that load various swf's into a main stage.

I would like to crate 2 main buttons on the main stage (back and forward) just like in ie/firefox.
      obviously when you click on either of those buttons in ie/firefox, it will restart your website, or navigate to the previous website, therefor im looking for the solution in flash
      I need to know how the previous and next buttons can predict the last swfs loaded into the movie....and load them

PLEASE HELP
        • 1. Re: rare Flash Button Question
          Level 7

sideshowBRAD wrote:
          > Hi there, I have been trying unsucessfully to create a 2 buttons. a previous
          > and a forward button.
          >
          > Now I know most of you are thinking just do prevframe(); etc . but this is a
          > little more complicated. It is in a flash website that load various swf's into
          > a main stage.
          >
          > I would like to crate 2 main buttons on the main stage (back and forward) just
          > like in ie/firefox.
          > obviously when you click on either of those buttons in ie/firefox, it will
          > restart your website, or navigate to the previous website, therefor im looking
          > for the solution in flash
          > I need to know how the previous and next buttons can predict the last swfs
          > loaded into the movie....and load them

You could use share object. It's Flash's native form of cookies which store data
          on user drive. It's cross os and cross browser compatible. You can make a small record
          of file name or variable while opening the SWF file than upon loading your site just
          read that record and act accordingly.

Check adobe.com/support/flash for SharedObject, you will find some samples,
          as well as the manuals under the HELP section in your program.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>