4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2006 12:34 AM by lhvi

Conversion into Webhelp

lhvi
      Hi

I am about to convert an html project into webhelp. Can anyone explain how I can solve this job.

Thanks

Lena
        • 1. Re: Conversion into Webhelp
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Lena. This is difficult to answer outright without knowing further details. You can create your webhelp output but setting up a webhelp single source layout and generating the output using your existing source. However there are a number of "gotchas" to watch out for. Peter Grainge's website is a great place to start looking for these. Things to consider are whether you are using merged webhelp, skins, image formats, etc. I think your best bet is to try generating your source, look at the results, test thoroughly and post any particular problems here. Best of luck.
          • 2. Conversion into Webhelp
            CraigCC Level 2
            Dupicate post, please ignore.
            • 3. Re: Conversion into Webhelp
              CraigCC Level 2
              Hi Lena,

The beauty of Robohelp is that it allows you to generate multiple outputs from a single source. But it is not entirely magical. As Colum says there may be issues that you need to watch out for.

Have you used any features that are specific to HTML Help, for example shortcut controls, browse sequences? How will your help be shipped - if the help is linked to an application or you use CSH for example you will need to sit with the developers and discuss new help calls and linking methods.

Also consider the users - how will they access the new help system. Are any users tied into viewing the help locally etc.

If you have any specific questions, please let us know.

Kind Regards
              Craig
              • 4. Re: Conversion into Webhelp
                lhvi Level 1
                Hi all

Thanks a lot for your answers

I am working on the integration of my help texts into a webhelp systems. I'll be back if any problems should arise.

Kind regards
                Lena