2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2006 2:03 PM by Newsgroup_User

Flash Memory leaks

Sakmrb2
      I have been experiencing problems after playing my newest game in development (from a CD) that was built entirely in flash as an executable. While reviewing and playing the game of the course of days, we have issues of severe fragmentation, registry issues, system slow-downs, etc. Maybe it's a memory leak? Has anyone else experienced such things?

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is obviously a critical bug we need to fix before release.

Thanks in advance,
      Scott Kirk
        • 1. Re: Flash Memory leaks
          Level 7
          Sakmrb2 wrote:
          > I have been experiencing problems after playing my newest game in development
          > (from a CD) that was built entirely in flash as an executable. While reviewing
          > and playing the game of the course of days, we have issues of severe
          > fragmentation, registry issues, system slow-downs, etc. Maybe it's a memory
          > leak? Has anyone else experienced such things?

Watch out for onEnterFrame handler when they are not in use. Delete them
          when you don't need them anymore. Also look for double movieclip names
          when using duplicateMovieClip or attatchMovieClip otherwise you would
          end up in having lost references of movieClips that are not visible but
          still in memory. Try removing object references when they are no more in
          use. Be sure not to use duplicate Depths for movieclips (lost references
          ...).
          • 2. Re: Flash Memory leaks
            Level 7
            If could be due to the CD cache memory. Does it work fine from the harddrive
            ?

If so then we have a solution for you.

Read this

http://www.flashjester.com/index.php?section=faq&cPath=14_23#88

Regards
            FlashJester Support Team
            e. - support@flashjester.com
            w. - http://www.flashjester.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and
            "mental illness."