10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2006 11:37 AM by Newsgroup_User

Seamless flash intopage background

Level 7
      how they create the seemless back ground for the intro page ive tried it
      using tables with pics as back ground but i'm not having any success with it
      running through the whole page.

Please help!

• 1. Re: Seamless flash intopage background
          Level 7

Maurice wrote:
          > how they create the seemless back ground for the intro page ive tried it
          > using tables with pics as back ground but i'm not having any success with it
          > running through the whole page.
          >

is it html or flash movie ? do you have url sample ?

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Seamless flash intopage background
            Level 7
            a.. www.mounttabor.org
            thats the egsample im refering to.

I need a formal tutorial how to do this there may be more than one way to do
            it. i need to know the best way. and if you have a tut some where or you can
            explain in detail thats fine

thanx

"urami_" <runnerHaHaHIHI@HAHAHIHIflashFugitive.com> wrote in message
            news:ef9rn5$ggq$5@forums.macromedia.com...
            >
            >
            > Maurice wrote:
            > > how they create the seemless back ground for the intro page ive tried it
            > > using tables with pics as back ground but i'm not having any success
            with it
            > > running through the whole page.
            > >
            >
            > is it html or flash movie ? do you have url sample ?
            >
            >
            > --
            > Best Regards
            >
            > Urami
            >
            >
            > --
            >
            >
            > <urami>
            > If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
            > </urami>

• 3. Re: Seamless flash intopage background
              Nickels55 Level 2
              They are just designing using tables, nothing new or complex there.
              FYI - That site only looks good in IE. On Firefox the background content doesn't stay aligned with the Flash content.

I don't know if this is the best way, but all you do is create a background image and line everything up. It's hard to explain. My technique is to do the design in photoshop, and find exactly where the flash will go. Open the final image in ImageReady and creat slices. Take the segment that is going to have flash and import that slice into Flash as the background, making sure the file is the size of the slice. If you do everrything correctly you'll have a seamless html and flash mixed site.

• 4. Re: Seamless flash intopage background
                Level 7
                Ok ive tried it using a table and i'm just still not able to do it.
                the table is at 100% hight and width . then there is a cell in the center
                containing the back ground pic..
                The back ground pick shows up and loop works fine. But it doesnt fill the
                page it doesnt go to the end. it stops at the table edge.
                here is the page that i tried it on.
                i also tried using css but it didnt work.
                how do i pull this off using tables.?
                http://www.strongtowerint.org/bgtest.html

"Nickels55" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:efbulv$c72$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > They are just designing using tables, nothing new or complex there.
                > FYI - That site only looks good in IE. On Firefox the background content
                > doesn't stay aligned with the Flash content.
                >
                > I don't know if this is the best way, but all you do is create a
                background
                > image and line everything up. It's hard to explain. My technique is to do
                the
                > design in photoshop, and find exactly where the flash will go. Open the
                final
                > image in ImageReady and creat slices. Take the segment that is going to
                have
                > flash and import that slice into Flash as the background, making sure the
                file
                > is the size of the slice. If you do everrything correctly you'll have a
                > seamless html and flash mixed site.
                >
                >
                >

• 5. Re: Seamless flash intopage background
                  Nickels55 Level 2
                  You missed a something in the body tag:

<body topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 bottommargin=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0>

All of those amy not be necessary but it helps for cross browser support.
                  • 6. Re: Seamless flash intopage background
                    Level 7
                    If you cant help me please dont post im not interested in theories . I need
                    definate solutions please.

If someone who understands the solution could please post a reply that will
                    solve the problem i will greatly appriciate it.

thanx.

news:efe6sv$9rm$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > You missed a something in the body tag:
                    >
                    > <body topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 bottommargin=0
                    marginheight=0
                    > marginwidth=0>
                    >
                    > All of those amy not be necessary but it helps for cross browser support.
                    >

• 7. Re: Seamless flash intopage background
                      Level 7
                      Ok i'm sorry that did work

thanx alot dude
                      news:efe6sv$9rm$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                      > You missed a something in the body tag:
                      >
                      > <body topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 bottommargin=0
                      marginheight=0
                      > marginwidth=0>
                      >
                      > All of those amy not be necessary but it helps for cross browser support.
                      >

• 8. Re: Seamless flash intopage background
                        Nickels55 Level 2
                        Wow, nice attitude. Next time consider yourself on your own.
                        • 9. Re: Seamless flash intopage background
                          Level 7
                          Its funny i had an attitude because of frustration, besides your last post
                          made you sound like an unsure novice like myself. i decided to try your
                          advice any way and it woked .

Your quick to pick-up on the attitude but slow to recieve the appology. I
                          gave because i knew it may come off offensive.

If i'm on my own next time thats your choice you have chosen to take it
                          personal.

news:efej5g$plj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                          > Wow, nice attitude. Next time consider yourself on your own.

• 10. Re: Seamless flash intopage background
                            Level 7
                            What am i doing wrong this time? i'm finally getting the backgound image to
                            repeat using css. Now i just need to connect end of the cell to the table so
                            that it actually looks seemlessly connected. here is the page
                            http://www.strongtowerint.org/bgtest.html
                            Every thing looks connected in dreamweaver but when its uploaded it looks
                            bad.

Please help

news:efej5g$plj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                            > Wow, nice attitude. Next time consider yourself on your own.