2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2006 3:51 PM by Newsgroup_User

SWF Appears Active

mickeyMadness Level 1
      Hello,

When I publish a Flash Movie, the movie appears active or clickable on the web page. This causes a problem if there are any active buttons on the page. These don't work until the SWF movie has been clicked.

I have used Flash since Flash 5 but have only recently got back into it using MX. I can't see any obvious publish setting.

What causes this? Is it some Browser setting etc?

Many thanks in advance

Mike
        • 1. Re: SWF Appears Active
          Level 7
          (ducking for cover)

search for "active content" - been the most discussed topic on the web for a few months - hover over
          any active content in IE and read the popup message - search this forum or google for "active
          content" - most here are simply too tired to post the info again :)

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

mickeyMadness wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > When I publish a Flash Movie, the movie appears active or clickable on the web
          > page. This causes a problem if there are any active buttons on the page.
          > These don't work until the SWF movie has been clicked.
          >
          > I have used Flash since Flash 5 but have only recently got back into it using
          > MX. I can't see any obvious publish setting.
          >
          > What causes this? Is it some Browser setting etc?
          >
          > Many thanks in advance
          >
          > Mike
          >
          >
          • 2. Re: SWF Appears Active
            Level 7
            Oh god .. here we go again .. Obviously someone has been living under a rock
            or on a deserted island for a few months :)

This is due to Microsoft IE changes required to avoid infringing the
            (stupid) EOLAS patent. It applies to all Active-X control that can interact
            with the user.

If you are viewing a web site, you cannot really do anything to fix it,
            except complain to the web master

Here is a link to find information on how to fix your website to cope with
            the Active-X active content changes:

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com?q=activecontent+IE+ActiveX+Change
            --
            Jeckyl

(If that does not redirect, just go to http://activecontent.blogspot.com)