4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2006 6:29 AM by Newsgroup_User

Ideas on my problem

Level 7
      Hello to all,
      I'm not sure how to title my problem so that's the reason for the
      ambiguous title.
      What I'm trying to do is work with a .tiff file (2376px by 467px) which
      I can import into Fireworks but cannot be edited. So what I proposed to do
      was redraw the .tiff file by using rectangles 9as large as possibleand some
      as small as a pixel) which I am able to do. I then delete the layer
      containing the .tiff file and everything loks great but when I try to reduse
      the now .png file to a size I can use on a web site (800px by 137px for
      example) the file now becomes blury. I thought vectors were drawn using
      mathamatical formulas and that they could be reduced or expanded without any
      loss in quality. Could any one telling me what I'm missing here. Thank you

• 1. Re: Ideas on my problem
          Level 7
          I now see that the problem occurs when I group the rectangles into a single
          group, and then when I reduce the image the borders of each rectangle are
          still partially visible. Is there a way of eliminating this from happening?

"Tmac7425" <tmac7425@comcast.net> wrote in message
          news:efb3rq$71d$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello to all,
          > I'm not sure how to title my problem so that's the reason for the
          > ambiguous title.
          > What I'm trying to do is work with a .tiff file (2376px by 467px) which
          > I can import into Fireworks but cannot be edited. So what I proposed to do
          > was redraw the .tiff file by using rectangles 9as large as possibleand
          > some as small as a pixel) which I am able to do. I then delete the layer
          > containing the .tiff file and everything loks great but when I try to
          > reduse the now .png file to a size I can use on a web site (800px by 137px
          > for example) the file now becomes blury. I thought vectors were drawn
          > using mathamatical formulas and that they could be reduced or expanded
          > without any loss in quality. Could any one telling me what I'm missing
          > here. Thank you
          >

• 2. Re: Ideas on my problem
            Level 7
            Select the rectangles and set the stroke to none in the Properties Inspector

--
            Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
            Extending Knowledge, Daily
            http://www.communityMX.com/
            CommunityMX - Free Resources:
            http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
            ---
            .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver

Tmac7425 wrote:
            > I now see that the problem occurs when I group the rectangles into a single
            > group, and then when I reduce the image the borders of each rectangle are
            > still partially visible. Is there a way of eliminating this from happening?
            >
            >
            > "Tmac7425" <tmac7425@comcast.net> wrote in message
            > news:efb3rq$71d$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >> Hello to all,
            >> I'm not sure how to title my problem so that's the reason for the
            >> ambiguous title.
            >> What I'm trying to do is work with a .tiff file (2376px by 467px) which
            >> I can import into Fireworks but cannot be edited. So what I proposed to do
            >> was redraw the .tiff file by using rectangles 9as large as possibleand
            >> some as small as a pixel) which I am able to do. I then delete the layer
            >> containing the .tiff file and everything loks great but when I try to
            >> reduse the now .png file to a size I can use on a web site (800px by 137px
            >> for example) the file now becomes blury. I thought vectors were drawn
            >> using mathamatical formulas and that they could be reduced or expanded
            >> without any loss in quality. Could any one telling me what I'm missing
            >> here. Thank you
            >>
            >
            >
            • 3. Re: Ideas on my problem
              Level 7
              I believe I've solved my problem. When drawing the rectangles I have to set
              the fill to solid (my preference) and the edge to"Hard" and the bluring
              doesn't occur. I'm sorry I might have needlessly put someone on this task.
              Thank you anyway.
              "Tmac7425" <tmac7425@comcast.net> wrote in message
              news:efb886$clf$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >I now see that the problem occurs when I group the rectangles into a single
              >group, and then when I reduce the image the borders of each rectangle are
              >still partially visible. Is there a way of eliminating this from happening?
              >
              >
              > "Tmac7425" <tmac7425@comcast.net> wrote in message
              > news:efb3rq$71d$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >> Hello to all,
              >> I'm not sure how to title my problem so that's the reason for the
              >> ambiguous title.
              >> What I'm trying to do is work with a .tiff file (2376px by 467px)
              >> which I can import into Fireworks but cannot be edited. So what I
              >> proposed to do was redraw the .tiff file by using rectangles 9as large as
              >> possibleand some as small as a pixel) which I am able to do. I then
              >> delete the layer containing the .tiff file and everything loks great but
              >> when I try to reduse the now .png file to a size I can use on a web site
              >> (800px by 137px for example) the file now becomes blury. I thought
              >> vectors were drawn using mathamatical formulas and that they could be
              >> reduced or expanded without any loss in quality. Could any one telling me
              >> what I'm missing here. Thank you
              >>
              >
              >

• 4. Re: Ideas on my problem
                Level 7
                I had already done that but noticed that the edge of the fill needed to be
                set to :Hard" which solved my problem. Thank you Jim for your help.

"Jim Babbage" <jbabbage@newmediaservices.ca> wrote in message
                news:efb8jh$cq1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Select the rectangles and set the stroke to none in the Properties
                > Inspector
                >
                > --
                > Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
                > Extending Knowledge, Daily
                > http://www.communityMX.com/
                > CommunityMX - Free Resources:
                > http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
                > ---
                > .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
                > news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
                > news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
                >
                > Tmac7425 wrote:
                >> I now see that the problem occurs when I group the rectangles into a
                >> single group, and then when I reduce the image the borders of each
                >> rectangle are still partially visible. Is there a way of eliminating this
                >> from happening?
                >>
                >>
                >> "Tmac7425" <tmac7425@comcast.net> wrote in message
                >> news:efb3rq$71d$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                >>> Hello to all,
                >>> I'm not sure how to title my problem so that's the reason for the
                >>> ambiguous title.
                >>> What I'm trying to do is work with a .tiff file (2376px by 467px)
                >>> which I can import into Fireworks but cannot be edited. So what I
                >>> proposed to do was redraw the .tiff file by using rectangles 9as large
                >>> as possibleand some as small as a pixel) which I am able to do. I then
                >>> delete the layer containing the .tiff file and everything loks great but
                >>> when I try to reduse the now .png file to a size I can use on a web site
                >>> (800px by 137px for example) the file now becomes blury. I thought
                >>> vectors were drawn using mathamatical formulas and that they could be
                >>> reduced or expanded without any loss in quality. Could any one telling
                >>> me what I'm missing here. Thank you
                >>>
                >>