9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2009 12:45 PM by kevinSuttle

Can't install CF extensions

doug777 Level 1
      I have just uninstalled Flex 2 Beta 3 and installed Flex Builder 2.

I am following the instructions: Installing the ColdFusion Extensions for Adobe® Flex™ Builder™ 2.

I have removed the com.adobe files and followed steps up to step 4.

At this step there is no file called ColdFusion_FlexBuilder_Feature.zip in the directory nor any other zip file.

Does anyone know what to do? I tried copying the CF_FB_Extensions.zip file from the DVD into the directory, but it won't install.

Doug
        • 1. Re: Can't install CF extensions
          doug777 Level 1
          Can anyone help. I can't install the extensions.

They were working before with Beta3, but now I can't install them.

When I try to use the CF_FB_Extensions.zip file from the DVD, I get as far as step 6.

When I click finish, I get the message:

No features found on the selected site(s). Choose a different site or site category.

Doug
          • 2. Re: Can't install CF extensions
            doug777 Level 1
            Finally got it working. At some point a checkbox had to be checked or unchecked (can't remember which, I was just trying every possibility).

Wastes so much time. The product is great, but the documentation is CRAP !!

• 3. Re: Can't install CF extensions
              GeorgeWS Level 1
              Did you end up using the CF_FB_Extensions.zip or the NO WHERE to be found ColdFusion_FlexBuilder_Features.zip?
              • 4. Re: Can't install CF extensions
                doug777 Level 1
                Yes. Just copy the CF_FB_Extensions.zip file from the DVD into the main Flex Builder 2 directory usually at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 2 and then proceed per the instructions. If it fails along the way, keep a note of where it failed and either go back to the page where it failed and either check or uncheck the checkbox on that page. If that doesn't work, restart, select and Remove the zip file it found from the search before and then follow the instructions again. When you get back to the page where it failed before, check or uncheck the checkbox.

Doug
                • 5. Re: Can't install CF extensions
                  zax_srb Level 1
                  OK, downloaded FlexBuilder, nice product.... OK, next on my list was to install the Coldfusion extensions. Broke the habbit of a lifetime and read the "Installing the ColdFusion Extensions for Flex Builder 2.htm" as I thought it would be useful...

Wasted time looking for ColdFusion_FlexBuilder_feature.zip, but I guessed the correct archive to use was CF_FB_Extensions.zip. Like Doug777, I get the message "No features found on the selected sites. "

Has anyone managed to install the extensions?

I am using Eclipse (previously installed) with the FlexBuilder plugin (not that this should make any difference).
                  Any advice or help gratefully received.

Stephen
                  • 6. Re: Can't install CF extensions
                    LukeDD Level 1
                    Finally got it running. Just unclick the "Ignore features not applicable to this environment" when trying to install the CF_FB_Extensions.zip. After a few days of fiddling arount this is what let me install the plugin.
                    • 7. Re: Can't install CF extensions
                      web-eng Level 1
                      Yo Luke,

Thank you for your input.
                      Man I was losing a lot of hair.
                      A simple unchecking of the correct box.
                      I don't suppose there'd be too many who would normally want to uncheck a box titled "Ignore features not applicable to this environment" But there it is and now I have my wizards, thanks again.
                      How many places is the insufficient information printed. yeeeaaaacchh!
                      • 8. Re: Can't install CF extensions
                        BenGarrett
                        Also if you are using Windows Vista you need to make sure you launch Flex2 with 'Run as Administrator' otherwise the plugin will not be able to install into your Flex directory, even under an Administrator account.
                        • 9. Re: Can't install CF extensions
                          kevinSuttle

I can't install the extensions either. What I'm assuming are the 8.0 versions appear under 'Manage Configuration,' but the option 'Disable' is all I can really do to it. They don't appear in the 'Find New Features to Install' dialog, and I can't uninstall after I disable them and restart Flex. So, this page of the CF8 help does nothing for me unfortunately.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=othertechnologies_11.htm l

Instead, I get this:

ScreenShot001.png

I've actually stumbled onto this problem trying to find a fix to another problem. I am trying to create a new CFEclipse project but I get this: "C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\MyProject overlaps the location of another project: 'MyProject'". I deleted all of my old workspaces and this still happens. Some people seem to think it has to do with the CF8 extensions for Eclipse.

Moderators, I will post this issue separatley.