10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2009 1:28 PM by Newsgroup_User

flex builder kept running same version

mtgna
      No matter how I change the codes or delete the files, when I click the run button the exact same application is displayed. I never had this problem before and I have not changed any settings.

Has anyone experienced this strange phenomenon?

Cheers

Allen
        • 1. Re: flex builder kept running same version
          Level 1
          if there is an error in your code (main app or class/component) flex will show the last working build
          • 2. Re: flex builder kept running same version
            PushkinAl
            You may want to clean your browser cache to see the last version of your app (if there are no errors in your code, of course). Check this out:
            http://www.flexpasta.com/index.php/2008/11/24/firefox-swf-cache/
            • 3. Re: flex builder kept running same version
              John Hall Level 4
              Same suggestion here. I get to do this many times per day.

Delete all files in the bin-debug folder (not the folder of course).

Go to project > clean

As likely as not on the first pass, you'll get an error message in the problems window that says internal build error

Clean again and I'm usually good to go (of course, flush the cache in your browser).
              • 4. Re: flex builder kept running same version
                mtgna Level 1
                I tried cleaning the Firefox cached as suggested but nothing worked. No matter how I change the codes, the application still runs the same!
                I tried deleting the bin-debug contents and the project-clean but it produced a file not found error (the html in the bin-debug folder not found). I deleted the entire Flex project and restore a backup copy of the project, then tried Project-Clean and it came back with the file not found error (even without deleting the contents of bin-debug). I retried Project-Clean many times and still the same.

Any ideas?
                This is bizarre. I try creating a second flex project and it ran well the first time and when I try to restore a backup of the first project src file into the second project, it still run the second project... I tried everything and nothing works..

• 5. Re: flex builder kept running same version
                  ntsiii Level 3
                  "file not found error (the html in the bin-debug folder not found). "
                  Almost certainly there is an error in your code preventing compilation.
                  Have you looked at the "Problems" pane?
                  • 6. Re: flex builder kept running same version
                    mtgna Level 1
                    I see. Yes I deliberately created problems to see if it would still run the same version.

Anyway, my problem is that Flex kept on running the same application no matter how I clear the browser cache or delete the swccache folder contents. I have reinstalled Eclipse and Flex Builder plug-in and the problem still remains. I have been using Flex Builder without any problems for the last one month.

Please help..
                    • 7. Re: flex builder kept running same version
                      John Hall Level 4
                      Is there a graphic or something that makes it obvious that you're running an old version of the files? When you use breakpoints with a debug, does it show old code as you step through? I'm sure it's frustrating. Doesn't sound like fun.
                      • 8. Re: flex builder kept running same version
                        John Hall Level 4
                        Is there a graphic or something that makes it obvious that you're running an old version of the files? When you use breakpoints with a debug, does it show old code as you step through? Have you tried to forcing it to run in IE or some other browser to see if it does the same thing? I'm sure it's frustrating. Doesn't sound like fun.
                        • 9. Re: flex builder kept running same version
                          ntsiii Level 3
                          "file not found error (the html in the bin-debug folder not found). "
                          this indicates that compile is not happening.

Almost certainly there is an error in your code preventing compilation. If you attempt to compile/run an application with syntax errors, It may run the last good compile.

Have you looked at the "Problems" pane? Correct any errors it shows first.
                          • 10. Re: flex builder kept running same version
                            Level 7

"ntsiii" <tspratt@lariatinc.com> wrote in message
                            news:gktado$ele$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                            > "file not found error (the html in the bin-debug folder not found). "
                            > this indicates that compile is not happening.
                            >
                            > Almost certainly there is an error in your code preventing compilation.
                            > If
                            > you attempt to compile/run an application with syntax errors, It may run
                            > the
                            > last good compile.
                            >
                            > Have you looked at the "Problems" pane? Correct any errors it shows first.

Also check to see if you've filtered out any errors. I did that once, and
                            then it turned out that one of those filtered errors was keeping it from
                            compiling.