5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2006 9:20 AM by Newsgroup_User

Slllllloooooooowwww

boydmartin
      I am trying to make a cloud .mov slowly animate, and I can obviously do that by lowering the fps, but when I do so the movie just ticks along and it is not very smooth or attractive?
        • 1. Re: Slllllloooooooowwww
          Level 7
          when you lower the fps you are lowering the number of frames that play in 1 second - so it is
          expected that the animation will play slower - what frame rate are you using? are you testing in the
          flash player or exporting to video format? flash is not a pre-rendered frame rate format - it is
          dynamic and renders on the fly - if animation is too heavy it will play back poorly on slower machines.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

boydmartin wrote:
          > I am trying to make a cloud .mov slowly animate, and I can obviously do that by lowering the fps, but when I do so the movie just ticks along and it is not very smooth or attractive?
          • 2. Re: Slllllloooooooowwww
            boydmartin Level 1
            Well, the first part of the animation is a swf, but the video with the sky moving I imported as a .flv. I think the way I have it now is fine. But the first part is really jumpy. If I import that as a .flv or .mov file do you think it would be smoother? Here is the link: http://207.36.196.88/littlestsimonsisland.com/
            • 3. Re: Slllllloooooooowwww
              Level 7
              well hard to say - what is the frame rate of:

1. your flash document
              2. your imported flv?

The entire movie looks processor-heavy to me since you are animating some pretty big bitmaps.

--> www.mudbubble.com
              --> www.keyframer.com

boydmartin wrote:
              > Well, the first part of the animation is a swf, but the video with the sky
              > moving I imported as a .flv. I think the way I have it now is fine. But the
              > first part is really jumpy. If I import that as a .flv or .mov file do you
              > think it would be smoother? Here is the link:
              > http://207.36.196.88/littlestsimonsisland.com/
              >
              • 4. Re: Slllllloooooooowwww
                boydmartin Level 1
                They are both 5 frames per second.

I did export the beginning part of the moving book to a video and then import it back as a .flv file, and it was much, much smoother, but the quality of the bitmap has decreased. I exported the video as high a quality as possible? I really appreciate your help.
                • 5. Re: Slllllloooooooowwww
                  Level 7
                  5 fps will always play slow - it's like driving your car at smph and asking why you are not going
                  any faster - raising the frame rate will increase speed :)

--> www.mudbubble.com
                  --> www.keyframer.com

boydmartin wrote:
                  > They are both 5 frames per second.
                  >
                  > I did export the beginning part of the moving book to a video and then import
                  > it back as a .flv file, and it was much, much smoother, but the quality of the
                  > bitmap has decreased. I exported the video as high a quality as possible? I
                  > really appreciate your help.
                  >