3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2006 4:35 PM by TimSymons

load movie but not start at 1

lburditt
      I'm setting up a kiosk using flash 8 and in order to make the load time quicker I'm using loadMovie and putting external swf files into empy mc. But now I need to start the loaded swf at at a frame other than 1. I've tried several work arounds but none seem to work.

Larry
        • 1. Re: load movie but not start at 1
          Level 7

"lburditt" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ef4h6i$227$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm setting up a kiosk using flash 8 and in order to make the load time
          > quicker
          > I'm using loadMovie and putting external swf files into empy mc. But now I
          > need
          > to start the loaded swf at at a frame other than 1. I've tried several
          > work
          > arounds but none seem to work.
          >
          > Larry
          >

Do you have access to the source files of the SWFs you are loading? Also,
          do they always neet to start on a frame other than 1? Do they need to start
          on various frames depending on some varialbe in your main movie?

• 2. Re: load movie but not start at 1
            kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            what's the problem?
            • 3. Re: load movie but not start at 1
              TimSymons Level 1
              If you use the MovieClipLoader class, it has an event that is broadcast when the external file has completely loaded and is ready to accept script commands. The event is call onLoadInit. You could use it to have your loaded movie start on any frame you want.

var myLoader:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
              myLoader.addListener(this);
              myLoader.loadClip("flash.swf", target_mc);

function onLoadInit(target_mc:MovieClip):Void {
              target_mc.gotoAndPlay(10);
              }

Hopefully, this will give you the idea. The Help Doc on MovieClipLoader class has some good examples on how to implement the events it broadcasts while loading external files.

Tim