2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2006 11:56 AM by BigDaddyNAZ2006

Scrolling an image in flash

sage703
      Hi,

I have an image that is taller than my published flash screen. I want the user to be able to scroll up and down - using scrollbars or buttons - to view the rest of the image. How can I best accomplish this?

thanks,
      sage
        • 1. Re: Scrolling an image in flash
          Level 7

sage703 wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I have an image that is taller than my published flash screen. I want the user
          > to be able to scroll up and down - using scrollbars or buttons - to view the
          > rest of the image. How can I best accomplish this?

The easiest would be to use the scroll pane component which comes with Flash.
          All you need to do is to convert the image into movie clip, give it linkage ID name
          in the library (right click movie clip - linkage - check export for action script,
          type some identifier name "imageName"). Drag drop the scroll pane component on stage,
          under properties define the path target name using the ID name you just gave to that
          image and that's it. Pretty much it.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Scrolling an image in flash
            BigDaddyNAZ2006
            I was able to develop the scrolling image as described above and it works great in Flash. My problem is using it with other programs and it may be that I am trying to accomplish too much. Let me describe my project goals and we will go from there:

I am developing a low-level simulation/assessment using either Captivate 1.1 or Authorware 7.0. I have found that Captivate won't display the Flash movie and Authorware displays the movie but it isn't allowing the interaction.

My simulation is designed to create an interactive data-entry module. The end user will scroll through the document (Flash) to find the data needed to populate text entry boxes in the simulation. I have created Captivate simulations where they can enter the text but have not been successful creating/importing the scrolling window in Captivate. My reasearch has found there are issues with Captivate 1.1 and Flash interactions.

Can I build an e-learning / text entry simulation using Flash by itself? Does Adobe have a better product other than Authorware or Captivate that can accomplish my goal?