1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2006 12:46 PM by Newsgroup_User

Background Transparency of a W3D

j.Beck
      OK, I have a program where I need the background of my W3D to be transparent. When I set the DTS to false to make it transparent, it lags enough to worry me. So, I thought since my W3D object contains absolutely no animation, I could just use a bitmap in it's place and set it's .image (i.e. my_bitmap.image = member("3DWorld")). Plan is all good and dandy aside from the fact that once the bitmap is set to the member of the 3D world, the beckground reappears. I have the image set to background transparent too...it must be something to do with the export in studio max. I also know that it is possible because I have one w3d that when I set the bitmap image too, the background remains transparent. Does anyone have any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Background Transparency of a W3D
          Level 7
          j.Beck wrote:
          > OK, I have a program where I need the background of my W3D to be transparent.
          > When I set the DTS to false to make it transparent, it lags enough to worry me.
          > So, I thought since my W3D object contains absolutely no animation, I could
          > just use a bitmap in it's place and set it's .image (i.e. my_bitmap.image =
          > member("3DWorld")). Plan is all good and dandy aside from the fact that once
          > the bitmap is set to the member of the 3D world, the beckground reappears. I
          > have the image set to background transparent too...it must be something to do
          > with the export in studio max. I also know that it is possible because I have
          > one w3d that when I set the bitmap image too, the background remains
          > transparent. Does anyone have any ideas?
          >

Hi. In my old site you´ll find source code for creating a backdrop in
          the camera so you don´t have to remove the direct to stage property and
          lose performance.

Regards,
          --
          Agustín María Rodríguez

www.onwine.com.ar > Macromedia Director demos & code