This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
I wouldn't attempt to do it automatically since something like this wouldn't be 'detectable' (I believe) if you wrote something:
sprite(me.spriteNum).member = member(12)
... well, I suppose you could run through each line of every script and check to make sure, but I wouldn't want to trust that method because there's a hundred ways I could switch a member such as sticking them in a list somewhere and then referencing the list when I wanted to switch one out for another in my list, etc...
I would say you have a manual job ahead of you unless someone else can pipe up with a 100% solid solution.
Thanks (I think) This is going to take days of 'stupid' labour. If at least I could produce a list, then it would be easier to do it manually. Any other ideas?
The find castmember command (command-;) can be set to select members not
used in score. But as the reply suggests this will also select members
only displayed by lingo commands.
To mark as used one can identify and place these 'puppet sprite'
members in the score, perhaps in a frame past the last displayed content.
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:31:10 GMT, user1001 posted in
> Thanks (I think) This is going to take days of 'stupid' labour. If at
> least I could produce a list, then it would be easier to do it manually.
> Any other ideas? Monique
Others have brought up the challenge of finding unused members, so I'll
address the list question.
If all of the members you're concerned with are externally linked, you can
create a list of all linked members. It might help in some way.
Here's a rough example of something you could do.
libs = the number of castLibs
tmpStr = ""
memCount = 0
repeat with thisLib = 1 to libs
mems = the number of members of castLib thisLib
libName = castLib(thisLib).name
repeat with thisMem = 1 to mems
tmpMem = member(thisMem,thisLib)
if tmpMem.linked then
memCount = memCount + 1
memName = tmpMem.name
pth = tmpMem.fileName
if pth = "" then pth = "MISSING FILE"
tmpStr = tmpStr &"member(" "E &memName "E &","\
"E &libName "E &")" &RETURN
tmpStr = tmpStr &" path: " &pth &RETURN
strOut = RETURN &"Found" &&memCount &&"linked cast members in"\
&&libs &&"CastLibs" &RETURN &RETURN
strOut = strOut &tmpStr
Mark A. Boyd
JB/Mark, I followed the suggestion of JB and printed all the version-lists, checked them against each other and deleted the mutual members that were not used. I realise that your way will be faster but I just don't know enough of this manual programming-thing. Thanks to both of you..
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:17:11 GMT, user1001 posted in
> JB/Mark, I followed the suggestion of JB and printed all the
> version-lists, checked them against each other and deleted the mutual
> members that were not used. I realise that your way will be faster but I
> just don't know enough of this manual programming-thing.
Hey, if your "version lists" are records of updates between versions, you
will be able to do some things faster than I. Too many of my recent projects
lack that documentation - at least in a single, easy to read document.
Glad you got it worked out!
Mark A. Boyd