1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2006 8:10 AM by industrealis

Is there any IDE/editor supporting actionscript refactoring + VCS integration?

Nick_Evgeniev
      Hi,

The subject says it all -- Is there any IDE/editor supporting actionscript refactoring + VCS integration?

Despite the fact that flex 2 builder is based on eclipse I can't see ANY refactoring capabilities in FB as well as VCS (at least subversion) integration... It's so strange to see in 21 century :(. Well anyway, as brief googling returns nothing. Is there flex ide similar to ide's for java? (commercial are ok too)

• 1. Is there any IDE/editor supporting actionscript refactoring + VCS integration?
          industrealis
          I had a hunch that because Flex Builder is built on top of Eclipse, you might be able to use the existing eclipse plugins with it. A quick google search found http://www.colettas.org/?p=33, which covers how to get Flex Builder working with Subclipse, an eclipse plugin for subversion. I did run through the guide myself and managed to get the plugin working fine, so hopefully you shouldn't have any trouble. One thing that page doesn't meantion is you need to make sure to uncomment the "[tunnels]" line in your subversion config when you set up the ssh tunnel. You could basically just add the two lines to your subversion config, changing the path to suit your install of TortoiseSVN:

[tunnels]
          ssh = "c:/progra~1/TortoiseSVN/bin/TortoisePlink.exe"

As for the refactoring, someone else will have to answer that one. I have very little experience using refactoring in any other languages. I know Eclipse has a lot of that functionality for java natively, so I don't know if there is a plugin somewhere that would meet your needs there. Hope that helps.