4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2006 2:27 PM by coldMiner

Replace movie clip with another

CompJock
      I am trying to recreate an app i've seen. It's a main pic that is replaced with another as you mouse over the smaller thumbnails located on the sides or bottom of the main pic. I've attached the code.

I've tried using onRollOver and onMouseDown, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

• 1. Replace movie clip with another
          coldMiner Level 1
          Replace your code with this:
          • 2. Re: Replace movie clip with another
            CompJock Level 1
            Thanks coldMiner. That works! The main pic isn't where i wanted it positioned, but I can work with that. I was going to use a function to determine where to place it anyway. The positions were trial and error to get them where they looked half way right.

Is there a way to get 1 of the images to load into the main movieclip? As it is now, you actually have to mouseOver 1 of the images to get it to load into main.

also when I test the movie (ctrl-enter) a pop-up box opens and shows OUTPUT... and shows several entries .. i.e. _level0.thumb4_mc. What is this? I don't think it's an error. I've never seen this particular dialog box before though.

I guess I need to study up on arrays.

Thanks again.
            • 3. Replace movie clip with another
              coldMiner Level 1
              i've corrected my code above to load a default image in main:
              main.attachMovie(thumbArrNames[0][0], thumbArrNames[0][0], 0);

the error was (i=undefined):
              main.attachMovie(thumbArrNames[*I*][0], thumbArrNames[*I*][0], 0);
              • 4. Re: Replace movie clip with another
                coldMiner Level 1
                quote:

Originally posted by: CompJock
                also when I test the movie (ctrl-enter) a pop-up box opens and shows OUTPUT... and shows several entries .. i.e. _level0.thumb4_mc. What is this? I don't think it's an error. I've never seen this particular dialog box before though.

That pop-up box is there for your pleasure:)
                example:
                x = 10*30;
                trace(x); /// <-- starts the pop-up dialog

the pop-up dialog is in the flash environment only.