1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 18, 2009 9:48 AM by (Aaron_P_Dressler)

PHP Captcha Validation Error

Hello,

I have been working on a user registration page for some time now. Now, I have gotten it to a point where I have a simple User Registration Wizard form on the page with a ADDT captcha. The captcha validation fails on every attempt. Even when I create a blank new document, and insert the User Reg. Wizard with a captcha, the captcha does not recognize a correct input.

I have tried to empty out the .captcha folder. Then when I reload the page, there is only one image showing in the .captcha folder, so I know it's not creating two images or anything crazy. That image shows the code that is currently displayed on the page, as you would expect.

I have even gone as far as replacing the included library files manually from a known working version, still it does not work. The craziest thing is I had captcha working fine on this page before. Then it seems like when I tried to add another transaction with a link transaction trigger, all hell broke loose.

I am just about at my wits end with this thing. Has anyone else had this happen to them?? What did you do to fix it?! Any and all insight is greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: PHP Captcha Validation Error
          Level 1
          Okay, I think I've figured it out!! Wow. So, for anyone experiencing this problem, where it seems like no matter what, your captcha WILL NOT VALIDATE... Check this:

Make sure these lines:

// Captcha Image
          $captcha_id_obj = new KT_CaptchaImage("captcha_id_id");

Are located AFTER the:

// Execute all the registered transactions
          $tNGs->executeTransactions();

I guess all my Server script got jumbled around when I tried to add a link transaction wizard.