3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2009 10:38 AM by Günter Schenk

SMImage plugin hm... what about TinyBrowser?

oicram Level 1
      I hope Günter enthusiasm by SMImage, actually, changes a little... :p

I'd like to share with the ADDT community this wonderful opensource script.

Tinybrowser

I often use it as a TinyMCE integration (for no database related websites) but, we can also use it with FCKeditor or as a stand-alone application.

Have a look here:
      http://code.google.com/p/tinybrowser/

I do not intend to start a war about, what is the best plugin or, tinyBrowser VS SMImage stuff, I just felt that this one, free one :), feed my needs quite well and it's a good alternative to old interakt one.

:
      Depending on your needs, you may find usefull to use tinyMCE or Fckeditor with image upload capabilities and integrating the insert record behavior on this.
      But then I thouth: what about the multiple image upload SB ? It's not bad at all...

As I said, maybe it depends on your needs. If you want to allow your costumers to have a method for add formating text and image (like, for example, on an article), maybe you will find usefull to integrate tinyMCE (with this plugin very easy installed inside), with Insert Record SB or whateaver.

But if you prefer to keep things separated, in one place the costumer will put some text, in another place he will upload some images, and at the end, all appears in the right places (i.e. in a insert product page),
      then maybe Multiple Image Upload SB will become handy. :)

Any comments are more then welcome.

Regards,
      Márcio
        • 1. Re: SMImage plugin hm... what about TinyBrowser?
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hey Marcio,

---------
          I hope Günter enthusiasm by SMImage, actually, changes a little...
          ---------

whatever, but I certainly will not write another "integration with ADDT forms" tutorial for this plugin :-)

-------
          I do not intend to start a war about, what is the best plugin or, tinyBrowser VS SMImage stuff, I just felt that this one, free one , feed my needs quite well
          -------

Yes it´s free, and from reading the specifications and the configuration options it looks as if tinybrowser also comes with quite some decent technical features.

But then again there are some substantial "handling related" differences between SMImage and tinybrowser -- in particular regarding the configuration methods (apparently tinybrowser only uses an external configuration file and not SMImage´s optional "per editor instance" method), so comparing these plugins would mean to compare apples with bananas ;-)

The only feature which attracts me very much is tinybrowser´s "standalone" mode, although ADDT´s multiple image/file upload component does pretty much the same plus provides some extra options which tinybrowser (at least currently) doesn´t, e.g. the renaming rules

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: SMImage plugin hm... what about TinyBrowser?
            oicram Level 1
            "whatever, but I certainly will not write another "integration with ADDT forms" tutorial for this plugin"

You absolutely got me! :)

If some project that may require tinyBrowser and ADDT appears on my hands, I will do my part.

Regards,
            Márcio
            • 3. Re: SMImage plugin hm... what about TinyBrowser?
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              ------
              You absolutely got me!
              ------

no big deal, because I´m very good in reading between the lines :-)

-----
              If some project that may require tinyBrowser and ADDT appears on my hands, I will do my part
              -----

the ADDT user community definitely needs additional tutorials anyway, and I´m sure that many folks will love you for writing such a thing !

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver