7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2007 5:00 AM by (phil_amoh)

Error, Internal Error.

Can anyone give me a pointer as to why pages containing forms that work on my local machine give my error, internal error when uploaded to hosting company's server?
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Error, Internal Error.
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi,

this may happen when e.g. not all files located in your site´s "includes" folder have been uploaded for whatever reason -- can you please upload the includes folder again and see if it works now ?

Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Error, Internal Error.
            Level 1
            Hi there,
            Having slow internet connection and so re-uploading the includes folder is taking ages.
            Is there a file I can just change such that the mode is set from production to developer so that I can get more details of the error?
            I just want to know if that is possible so that I don't go through the process of uploading all these files....

I have re-uploaded the files a second time but I get the error. However if I refresh the pages, the forms show. I have to refresh pages everytime I visit a page that contains a form!
            // (Have to change ISPs I think- claims this is broadband.)
            Thanks
            • 3. Re: Error, Internal Error.
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Phil,

>>
              Is there a file I can just change such that the mode is set from production to developer so that I can get more details of the error?
              >>

AFAIK this setting (and many other "global" ones BTW) is getting defined in the file "includes/common/KT_config.inc.php" -- and it´s exactly this file which is usually automatically uploaded to the remote server everytime you apply some changes in ADDT´s Control Panel.

Yeah, all those errors -- just happened to me today when setting up a new site: Dreamweaver (for whatever reason) failed to actually *create* all ADDT files in the "includes" folder, and so I had to use ADDT´s "Update Includes Folder" once again to make DW add the previously missing files.

At other times you might note that DW´s FTP routines fail to upload all files -- and, honestly, I nowadays don´t use DW´s FTP at all for mass upload, but rather resort to an external FTP client.

Günter Schenk
              • 4. Re: Error, Internal Error.
                Level 1
                I only use DW's FTP to upload one or two files I just updated.
                For regular uploads I use smart ftp.
                I cannot see where I have to edit to set the mode from production to developer in the file ../KT_config.inc.php
                I'm a bit lost here.
                • 5. Re: Error, Internal Error.
                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                  Phil,

>>
                  I cannot see where I have to edit to set the mode from production to developer in the file ../KT_config.inc.php
                  >>

change the mode in ADDT´s Control Panel, and this change will be written to (assumingly, but this is ADDT´s only "global configuration" file anyways) KT_config.inc.php

Günter Schenk
                  • 6. Re: Error, Internal Error.
                    Level 1
                    I now more surprised than ever!

This is the error message I got...

Error:
                    Internal error.
                    Developer Details:
                    tNG_fields.getFakeRecordset:
                    SQL error: Error creating temporary table:
                    Table 'KT_fakeRS_20070823' already exists
                    SQL:
                    CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE KT_fakeRS_20070823 (Name TEXT, Email TEXT, Message TEXT) (FIELDS_FAKE_RS_ERROR)

Does this mean I can't create temporary tables on the DB? I just checked the settings on the DB from the host's control panel and the user should be able to create temporary tables- well according to the settings there.
                    Now am more lost and a bit confused!
                    • 7. Re: Error, Internal Error.
                      Level 1
                      Ahhhh, sweet, sweet smiles.
                      I just had a darling at Adobe point out to me that I didn't have drop permissions on the DB and that is why I was getting those errors.
                      Thanks very much Günter for helping me.
                      And for the nice folks at Adobe.
                      _
                      Wish we got such great support for most of the products we use (I mean with other software firms).