4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2007 3:42 AM by Günter Schenk

File Upload

(Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
      Hi All

Firstly I am dissapointed that the support for this product has fallen dismally low now that Adobe own it. The support from InterAKT was far superior. having said that I live in hope that this will improve. No reflection on this forum.

My Problem:
      I set up a File Upload form which works, however I don't know how to get the full path to enter into the database, only the file name seems to be stored. I want to create a situation where the file/s uploaded can be listed for download.

Any help would be appreciated

Laurence
        • 1. Re: File Upload
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Laurence,

it´s true, just the file names are getting stored, and this will not change -- however, same as the *path* to the file cna be determined on Upload by using a mix of static data and/or dynamic variables from a recordset, you can usually do the same on your "downloads list" page.

Are the to-be-downloaded files all spread across very different locations on the server, or does this follow some "systematics" ?

Günter Schenk,
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: File Upload
            (Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
            Hi Günter,

The website is divided into the Australian States, each state will have a folder where they upload their files. What I am trying to achieve is that when they upload the files to their respective folders the document links are called from the DB and positioned in the web page ready for members to view or download.

Kind regards
            Laurence Lewis
            • 3. Re: File Upload
              (Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
              Hi Günter,

I have worked out how to set this up as you mentioned using a mix of static data and/or dynamic variables from a recordset.

Cheers
              Laurence
              • 4. Re: File Upload
                Günter Schenk Level 4
                Hi Laurence,

great ! :-)

Günter Schenk,
                Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver