3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2007 1:52 PM by Günter Schenk

Email Activation

(Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
      Hi

I am trying to work out how to achieve the following:

I have a registration page and all works great and the user receives an email to activate their account. The {kt_login_user} in the include displays the Username in the email the sent to the person registering.

I have set a second email to be sent to me so i know when someone has registered on the site using the SendEmail Trigger. What I can't get to work is to have the persons name as well as the Username display in the email {kt_fullname_member}. The email shows {kt_fullname_member} and not the record.

Could someone please help me and tell me where I need to look or what I need to add to the registration page to achieve this.

Many Thanks

Laurence
        • 1. Re: Email Activation
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Laurence,

you probably just might need to define "kt_fullname_member" (respectively the user tabls´s column it´s attached to) as additional session variable in ADDT´s Control Panel.

Does that work ?

Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Email Activation
            (Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
            Hi Günter

I checked and I had already added the session to the control panel. The solution is probably so simple yet its baffled me which is not a hard thing to do :-)

Kind regards
            laurence
            • 3. Re: Email Activation
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Laurence,

well, in cases when such things don´t work, I use to help myself by adding extra stuff to the "redirect after insert" page:

1. my usual "update dummy table" work-around, as described here : http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc68ecf/1

2. add a query like "SELECT * FROM user_table ORDER BY user_id DESC LIMIT 1" -- what will retrieve the last inserted record

3. send yourself an email using the data from the query above

Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver