3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2007 9:08 AM by Günter Schenk

how to send mails after inserting record

Hi
      - i add insert transaction to my page and i want after inserting the transaction to send a mail to some people how?

- by the way some of the extenstions has trigger tab what is it for ? does it for firing events after a job Done.can i it help me in my case i mentioned above? How?

thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: how to send mails after inserting record
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi seco,

ADDT provides several "send email" flavours which are both available from your "server behaviour" tab (Developer Toolbox :: Send Email) -- the following 2 ones will be the ones you need for sending emails which may also contain the values of your insert transaction:

1. Send E-Mail :: this one will send email(s) to one or more recipients which you need to define manually by entering their email addresses in this server behaviour´s recipient and optionally CC/BCC fields

2. Send E-mail To Recipients From Recordset :: as the name already implies, this one will send email(s) to a bunch of folks whose name & email addresses are stored in your database

a more detailed explanation is available in the ADDT help, which you can e.g. open from ADDT´s "Control Panel"

>>
          by the way some of the extenstions has trigger tab what is it for ?
          >>

which extensions do you mean ?

>>
          does it for firing events after a job Done
          >>

yeah that´s true -- simply said, the server behaviour - related "triggers" are meant to define whether the respective "action" will be executed before or after the insert/update transaction it´s been registered to

However, you won´t need to care for any "triggers" when using ADDT´s send e-mail features -- those are created automatically and will send the mails after the insert transaction has been executed.

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: how to send mails after inserting record
            Level 1
            thanks for reply

i can send mails by those ways you mention
            i want to send a mail after insert a record to my table that's what i mean

thanks.
            • 3. Re: how to send mails after inserting record
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              yes, the emails will be sent after the record has been inserted

Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver