5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2007 2:05 PM by Günter Schenk

Comma-Seperated Checkboxes - default: "checked"

Does anyone know how to make the comma-separated checkboxes sb "checked" by default?

Thanks.

- Sterling
        • 1. Re: Comma-Seperated Checkboxes - default: "checked"
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Sterling,

no, this isn´t possible. Even if it were possible, it would totally defeat the purpose, because a "checked" checkbox in this context means, that the respective option has already been inserted/updated as comma separated value -- but what it isn´t.

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Comma-Seperated Checkboxes - default: "checked"
            Level 1
            Thanks for the reply, Günter. The usefulness would be with an insert where are there many possible checkbox selections. In my case, the client would typically select all of them, but there are exceptions where they'll need to deselect one or two while creating a new form. It would just be more convenient if I could have them all checked on insert and then, obviously, be selected dynamically on update.

- Sterling
            • 3. Re: Comma-Seperated Checkboxes - default: "checked"
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Sterling,

well, I understand this would indeed be a senseful thing then -- but as ADDT´s "comma-separated checkboxes" are initially unchecked, you might want to try with implementing an additional javascript function to check or uncheck all checkboxes on demand, like described on this page:

http://www.somacon.com/p117.php

As long you don´t provide more than one set of "comma-separated checkboxes" in one page, it should work.

Günter Schenk
              • 4. Re: Comma-Seperated Checkboxes - default: "checked"
                Level 1
                Alas, there are indeed more than one on a page.

But furthermore, and probably more importantly, I couldn't get a function like this to work (using jquery library) because (I think - I definitely could be wrong) the HTML never outputs an individual '
                ' for each record. At least it looks that way if you display the page and look at the page source, which just outputs the CSC widget info. So the javascript like you mentioned never has a checkbox to latch on to. Does that make sense?
                • 5. Re: Comma-Seperated Checkboxes - default: "checked"
                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                  yes, you´re right -- I forgot that the to-be-displayed checkboxes/values are sort of embedded in some javascript in the doc´s head.

Günter Schenk