8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2007 9:08 AM by Günter Schenk

ADDT initialization

My ADDT install must not have completed. The toolbar is there but the documentation refers to things that aren't. I am trying to use PHP, Apache and MySQL on Windows XP with a localhost. I have them installed and working. My intent is to create a logon frontend for a web site I am building. However, after DW/ADDT installation there is nothing in DW CS3/ADDT that indicates that MySQL was recognized. No databases, no connection, nothing. The database tag area is grayed out. After a successful installation what am I supposed to see? Is there an initialization step that I missed. I'm thinking now that I might not have have been logged into MySQL when I ran the ADDT install. I'm new to all of this but could that have prevented an initialization script from running resulting in what I am seeing?

Thanks for any help on this problem. Reply as soon as you can please.
        • 1. Re: ADDT initialization
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Don,

just wondering -- did you define a Dreamweaver site including a database connection ?

Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweeaver
          • 2. Re: ADDT initialization
            Level 1
            Correction to my post above. MySQL is visible for a non ADDT tutorial I installed off the Adobe site. For this tutorial the database area is visible so forget about the grayed out comment. This tutorial had a script which I ran with the MySQL client that initialized its database in MySQL . So DW to MySQL is working but it appears that the ADDT entries in MySQL were not initialized. Would an uninstall of ADDT and reinstall while I am logged on to MySQL fix my problem?
            • 3. Re: ADDT initialization
              Level 1
              Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I tried but when it asked for a database name I couldn't proceed. Could this be a database I must define for my application and then ADDT will be able to populate it? Forgive the my ignorance but I am new to all of this software. In the Adobe tutorial I installed I had to create the database from the MySQL command prompt then run a script to add and populate the tables. Is that what I'm missing? Just creating the application databsse?
              • 4. Re: ADDT initialization
                Günter Schenk Level 4
                Hi Don,

first of all :: you don´t need to uninstall ADDT because of all that !

--------
                Could this be a database I must define for my application and then ADDT will be able to populate it?
                --------

Dreamweaver (incl. ADDT for that matter) does indeed expect a database defined for the current DW site. Neither DW nor ADDT will be populating that database with tables, that´s something you´ll have you provide on your own

--------
                ...it appears that the ADDT entries in MySQL were not initialized
                --------

what are "ADDT entries" ? you mean, the "login user" tables you´ll need to define in ADDT´s control panel ?

Günter Schenk
                • 5. Re: ADDT initialization
                  Level 1
                  OK, I think I see what you are saying. Let me go back and try this.
                  Thanks again for the quick response.
                  • 6. Re: ADDT initialization
                    Günter Schenk Level 4
                    Hi Don,

to get you started with ADDT´s login tables, here´s the SQL dump I´m always using:

---------
                    CREATE TABLE `addt_login` (
                    `id` int(3) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
                    `username` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
                    `realname` varchar(90) NOT NULL default '',
                    `nickname` varchar(50) default NULL,
                    `password` varchar(150) NOT NULL default '',
                    `email` varchar(150) NOT NULL default '',
                    `level` int(2) NOT NULL default '0',
                    `random_key` varchar(200) default NULL,
                    `login_attempts` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
                    `disable_date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
                    `registration_date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
                    `expiration` int(11) NOT NULL default '100',
                    `active` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1',
                    PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
                    ) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

CREATE TABLE `addt_login_stats` (
                    `id_log` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
                    `id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
                    `ip_log` varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',
                    `datein_log` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
                    `dateout_log` datetime default NULL,
                    `session_log` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
                    PRIMARY KEY (`id_log`)
                    ) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;
                    ---------

This SQL dump will create the tables and define the required columns -- when you have done that, you can go to ADDT´s Control Panel and define the login settings using the above mentioned tables/columns.

Günter Schenk
                    • 7. Re: ADDT initialization
                      Level 1
                      Thanks Gunter, I think you have just saved me(and others) a lot of time and effort.
                      • 8. Re: ADDT initialization
                        Günter Schenk Level 4
                        That´s what I´m here for :-)

Günter Schenk
                        Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver