3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2007 12:26 PM by Günter Schenk

multiple image uploads on a single page

Hi

I've created a small cms page where a user can upload images to specific image containers. Unfortunately the multiple image upload with db wizard won't allow more that one occurence per page.

Any ideas to work around this will be greatly appreciated

Vito
        • 1. Re: multiple image uploads on a single page
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Vito,

that´s actually one of the very rare cases where frames might be useful -- display the available "image containers" ("folders" I guess ?) as links in the upper frame, and pass these directory names as URL variables to the multiple image upload - page located in the lower frame.

That should work

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: multiple image uploads on a single page
            Level 1
            Hi Günther

I tried something like that, split the cms page into two halfs, placing each half in a frame with a img container and upload form. Worked nicely but the page layout is very poor. two frames with separate scrolls. not good.

Instead I found this work around.

Took the top part and put it in a iframe, and the low part in a
            • 3. Re: multiple image uploads on a single page
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Vito,

kudos for finding this interesting solution, and thanks for sharing !

---
              i think that this issue is something the developers at Adobe need to look into
              ---

I don´t think they would have to make their mind up about rather special scenarios like this one -- that´s what I´d call "custom development", what you´ll always stumble across sooner or later. No "tool" on earth will ever be able to cover each and every scenario...

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver