6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2007 5:30 AM by Waleed Barakat

Send Email arrives in mailbox with wrong Date/Time

Hello!

When I send email with the Send Email server behavior, it arrives to my mailbox with the
      i current
      date/time. i.e. the time I retrieved the mail, not the time it was sent.

It almost seems as if the date/time field isn't being filled correctly and my mail reader or the server is just sticking the current time in the field instead.

Any ideas? I don't have this problem with other email sent/received on this same server.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Send Email arrives in mailbox with wrong Date/Time
          Waleed Barakat Level 1
          Hi, sceaton
          there is two ways to retrieve current date and time
          ------
          first:
          ------
          in your send form you have to set a filed in the database with Date/Time type. and in the form that sends the email set this field as "text" and the value "{NOW_DT}.
          -------
          second:
          -------
          you may set the send form date filed as "hidden field" with the value "{NOW_DT}.
          and it will work fine.
          • 2. Re: Send Email arrives in mailbox with wrong Date/Time
            Level 1
            Hi DH:

I'm not talking about date fields I put in the body of the email, but the actual date/time the email was sent.

So For example, when I check my email, my inbox shows the date/time that each message was sent to me. However, the date/time of emails sent using the Send Email server behavior appear as the
            i current
            date/time. So if a message was sent to me 10/17 at 5pm, and I
            i check
            my email on 10/19 at 9am, the timestamp of the email shows as 10/19 at 9am, not when the message was actually sent.

The site is hosted on Linux FC6, Plesk 8.2.

I guess Pear scripts are used to send the email, is there anything configurable in these that would cause/fix this issue?
            • 3. Re: Send Email arrives in mailbox with wrong Date/Time
              Level 1
              In addition ... Here's the full headers of an example email:<br /><br />From: xxx@xxx.com<br />Subject: xxx<br />To: xxx@xxx.com<br />Return-Path: <xxx@xxx.com><br />Delivered-To: 3-xxx@xxx.com<br />X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.9 (2007-02-13) on ip-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.ip.secureserver.net<br />X-Spam-Level: <br />X-Spam-Status: No, score=-0.8 required=5.0 tests=ALL_TRUSTED,AWL,NO_REAL_NAME autolearn=ham version=3.1.9<br />Received: (qmail 23988 invoked from network); 18 Oct 2007 08:47:32 -0400<br />Received: from localhost (127.0.0.1)  by localhost with SMTP; 18 Oct 2007 08:47:32 -0400<br />MIME-Version: 1.0<br />X-Priority: 3<br />X-Mailer: InterAKT tNG mailer<br />Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"<br />Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit<br /><br />############<br /><br />Note that there is no Date: field.  I looked at the headers of another email and the first line begins with:<br />Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:03:01 -0400<br /><br />How do I get the Send Email server behavior to properly insert the Date in the email header? <br /><br />Thanks!
              • 4. Re: Send Email arrives in mailbox with wrong Date/Time
                Günter Schenk Level 4
                Hi,

this (the missing date/time) has been an issue already in previous Send Email versions -- a fix has been posted on the Interakt forums:

http://www.interaktonline.com/Products/Dreamweaver-Extensions/MXSendE-mail/Product-Forum/D etails/135353/date+stamp+on+emails.html

Cheers,
                Günter Schenk
                Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
                • 5. Re: Send Email arrives in mailbox with wrong Date/Time
                  Level 1
                  PERFECT! Works great. Thanks Gunter!

And for anyone else, here's the fix:

To do this, you need to edit the file /includes/common/lib/email/KT_Email.class.php. In this file, there is a function named getHeaders. You need to add your headers to the $arr array like this:

b $arr['Date'] = date('r');

This line can be added anywhere above the return line in that function.
                  • 6. Re: Send Email arrives in mailbox with wrong Date/Time
                    Waleed Barakat Level 1
                    thanks for your post and i think it`s worth to try.