10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2007 9:18 AM by (Design_Stage)

Error in Dynamic List Wizard

After installing de ADDT en setting up a database I get an error when I try to change the sort column.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in ../includes/common/KT_functions.inc.php on line 464
      Could anyone help me?

Hans
        • 1. Re: Error in Dynamic List Wizard
          Waleed Barakat Level 1
          Hi, Hans

i got this message many times for me it`s about templates.
          when i use dreamweaver templates and include the nxt lists i got this message.

so i tried to deattach the template from the current page and it works fine.

so do you use templates if yes try this please.
          • 2. Re: Error in Dynamic List Wizard
            Level 1
            Hi Waleed,

Thank you for your reaction.
            I'm not using templates and I found out I get this error all the time.
            Checking mij files for spaces didn't solve the problem.
            I hope someone can help me out.

Greetings,
            Hans
            • 3. Re: Error in Dynamic List Wizard
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Hans,

those "headers already sent" error messages are usually related to some extra blank space, probably generated by DW when creating the recordset(s) in your page -- however, those errors are not related to whatever ADDT "system file", but always occur in the current page.

Please see this thread over at the Interakt forums : http://www.interaktonline.com/Products/Bundles/MXKollection/Product-Forum/Details/74361/H eaders+already+sent+problem.html

For further research on this matter the Interakt forums provide several threads where this issue is mentioned -- just go to:

http://www.interaktonline.com/Search/

select "MX Kollection" in the list to the right and search for "headers already sent"

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
              • 4. Re: Error in Dynamic List Wizard
                Level 1
                Hi Günter,

Thank you for your reaction.
                You showed me the way to the solution of my problem.
                Setting up your site, make the links relative to DOCUMENTS and not to the site-root.
                Again, thank you.

Greetings,
                Hans
                • 5. Re: Error in Dynamic List Wizard
                  make the links relative to DOCUMENTS and not to the site-root

how do you do the above?

Someone please help getting the same error as Hans had gotten:
                  Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in ../includes/common/KT_functions.inc.php on line 464

Tracey
                  • 6. Re: Error in Dynamic List Wizard
                    Level 1
                    Also getting error message

found some missing SSIs, Please edit the 'Fix Includes' Server Behavior to fix them?

Tracey
                    • 7. Re: Error in Dynamic List Wizard
                      Günter Schenk Level 4
                      Hi Tracey,

------
                      make the links relative to DOCUMENTS and not to the site-root
                      ------

1. Go Menu "Site" :: "Manage Sites"

2. click the "Edit..." Button

3. in the "Site Definition for..." page, click the "Advanced" tab

4. in the "Local Info" Category you´ll see "Links relative to" and two radio buttons -- check "Document"

-------
                      found some missing SSIs, Please edit the 'Fix Includes' Server Behavior to fix them?
                      -------

that´s a scary message, uh ? :-) But it´s not really something to worry about -- just confirm with OK until DW has added the required Server Behaviour to the page, that´s all.

Cheers,
                      Günter Schenk
                      • 8. Re: Error in Dynamic List Wizard
                        Level 1
                        Error in Dynamic List Wizard

It was set to documents already? The error is on a list recordset page, created from the List Wizard? I am creating a Content Management System, got all the way to page 22, from a total of 42 pages. I was going rather well until the error?

still getting the error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/u/r/h/urhomefsbo/html/CMS_training/admin/list_art.php:6) in /home/content/u/r/h/urhomefsbo/html/CMS_training/includes/common/KT_functions.inc.php on line 464

Please HELP.

Tracey
                        • 9. Re: Error in Dynamic List Wizard
                          Günter Schenk Level 4
                          Hi Tracey,

have you already seen my reply on the other ADDT forum, where you actually posted the very same question ?

Cheers,
                          Günter Schenk

P.S. please don´t crosspost stuff, this makes it very hard for everyone to follow your case.
                          • 10. Re: Error in Dynamic List Wizard
                            Level 1
                            I've also had this problem with using TinyMCE as a text editor - a page loaded happily initially, but on sumbitting a form, generated the "Cannot modify header information" error message. In my case it was sorted out by changing the order of my includes so that TinyMCE was loaded after the ADDT code.