11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2007 3:28 PM by (James_D)

QuB

I was an original InterAkt customer and then bought the ADDT software. When I attempt to use the Query Builder and try to edit a query, it says

"QuB cannot edit queries saved with QuB version prior to version [2.10.4.9]."

But shouldn't mine be the latest version? It's really annoying not to be able to edit the queries. Is there something I can do to make this work?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: QuB
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi James,

what MX Kollection version did you have installed on the DW site this happens with ?

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: QuB
            Level 1
            The last one, Gunter. Was that 3.71? Now when I look in the control panel, it says 1.0. How did that happen?

Thanks
            • 3. Re: QuB
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi James,

------
              Now when I look in the control panel, it says 1.0. How did that happen?
              ------

both MX Kollection 3.7.x and ADDT place a "version.xml" file in the site´s "includes/" directory, which contains an array of nodes in the format...

product name="whatever_component" version="1.0.0" (example)

When clicking the Kollection / ADDT "Update Includes Folder" icon in the Control Panel, the contents of this file is getting read (and later updated) to compare the installed version vs. the site version

In MX Kollection´s "version.xml" e.g. QuB´s version number is tagged as "Pro-3.7.1", wheras in ADDT´s "version.xml" all components are tagged as "1.0.0".

Now I don´t have any clue *if* ADDT´s QuB is technically actually different from Kollection´s most recent QuB version -- and in theory it´s well possible that the most recent queries you saved when using MX Kollection, were in fact done with an older version.

I´m just looking at the QuB related tables which are created in my site´s database :: MX Kollection´s QuB stores the queries in a table named "qub3_queries_que" -- there´s an extra column "version_que", and in fact each query you save will store the QuB version it has been generated with. As ADDT´s QuB apparently reads this column, I take this as evidence that your queries were done with QuB version 2.10.4.9 -- and there might indeed be some incompatibilty issues (e.g. table format, columns, whatever) with the new version, so it´s assumingly recommended to indeed recreate the queries

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              • 4. Re: QuB
                Level 1
                But these are queries that I recently created and just wanted to go in and tweak. So they must have been with the ADDT version. They're not old queries.

It's odd.
                • 5. Re: QuB
                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                  Hi James,

------
                  So they must have been with the ADDT version
                  ------

so far I didn´t create any queries with ADDT´s QuB, but I will check this now and report what happens.

Cheers,
                  Günter Schenk
                  • 6. Re: QuB
                    Level 1
                    Yes, see if you can edit the queries, since I don't seem to be able to.
                    • 7. Re: QuB
                      Günter Schenk Level 4
                      Hi James,

---------
                      But these are queries that I recently created and just wanted to go in and tweak. So they must have been with the ADDT version. They're not old queries
                      ---------

just made a query with ADDT´s QuB, saved it, opened and edited it repeatedly -- no problem, works absolutely fine here. The version number that has been stored alongside the query, is 1.0

Cheers,
                      Günter Schenk
                      • 8. Re: QuB
                        Günter Schenk Level 4
                        James,

can you please check your "qub3_queries_que" table and tell me what version number(s) have been stored in the "version_que" column ?

Cheers,
                        Günter Schenk
                        • 9. Re: QuB
                          Level 1
                          It's mostly 1.2 with an occasional 1.0.
                          • 10. Re: QuB
                            Günter Schenk Level 4
                            Hi James,

-------
                            It's mostly 1.2 with an occasional 1.0.
                            -------

well, the 1.2. queries are the ones which have been created with Kollection´s QuB (was just checking an older Kollection site...), wheras the 1.0. queries were done with ADDT.

It seems you actually *do* have a mixture of older and ADDT queries assembled in this table, so please open one of the 1.0. queries with ADDT´s QuB and tell me if it still keeps complaining

Cheers,
                            Günter Schenk
                            • 11. Re: QuB
                              Level 1
                              Most of my queries are 1.2. But I did open a 1.0 query and I got the same problem.

Lately I've noticed that when I've opened up the QuB window, it takes a while and I get a dialogue box that says "A script has been running in the background for a long time. Is that OK" - or something like that.

I don't remember that happening before.