18 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2009 11:01 AM by (Rocky_Roark)

Problem in dreamweaver cs3

I am having a lot of problem using dreamweaver cs3. It always crashes whenever i write or copy a piece of code in it. It was alright from last couple of months but now it crashes whenever i start using it.
        • 1. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Javed,

you might be encountering the "Dreamweaver CS3 crashes after Daylight Savings Time ends" issue which is mentioned in this technote : http://www.adobe.com/go/kb402776

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
            Level 1
            Thanks a lot Gunter for the solution.
            I have another probelm with n am sure you can help me with that.
            I cant use php debugger on dreamweaver cs3. I have downloaded the extension from iptsolutions.com.
            Please reply back with the solution to this problem.
            • 3. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Javed,

----------
              Please reply back with the solution to this problem
              ----------

well, I don´t know this extension and can´t help you. I was just looking at the iptsolutions.com website, and - apart from not seeing any information related to this extension - they say it´s a "Macromedia Dreamweaver" extension, though Dreamweaver CS3 is an Adobe product.

That said, it might well be that their extensions have simply not been updated for being compatible with CS3, and that´s assumingly why it won´t work here -- however the recommendable way would be to always ask the extension developers, as they are the only ones who can provide first-hand anwers.

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              • 4. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                I have created a Flash slideshow with v3flashslideshow in dreamweaver CS3 and it does not seem to show up on line using explorer??? Any suggestions.
                • 5. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                  Hi Will6426,

-----------
                  I have created a Flash slideshow with v3flashslideshow in dreamweaver CS3 and it does not seem to show up on line using explorer??? Any suggestions
                  -----------

please post this "unrelated to ADDT" question either in the regular Dreamweaver forums or ask the the dwuser.com support folks: http://www.dwuser.com/flashslideshow/v3/support.php

Cheers,
                  Günter Schenk
                  • 6. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                    Level 1
                    Hi Gunter,
                    Yes you are right. I tried the debugger on dreamweaver 8 and it worked.
                    Is there any debugger in the market which is compatible with dreamweaver cs3??
                    I have got another problem, dreamweaver slow downs the system. At this time it doen't crash but its too slow. I am running it on vista os and the configuration is quite good.
                    Any suggessions?
                    • 7. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                      Günter Schenk Level 4
                      Hi Javed,

--------
                      Is there any debugger in the market which is compatible with dreamweaver cs3??
                      --------

not that I know of, sorry.

---------
                      I have got another problem, dreamweaver slow downs the system. At this time it doen't crash but its too slow.
                      ---------

this usually happens with dynamic forms containg lots of queries and other stuff -- the more fields e.g. an ADDT form has, the longer it takes DW to render the page in visual mode.

Cheers,
                      Günter Schenk
                      • 8. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                        Level 1
                        Hi Gunter;

I think Cartweaver PHP has got php debugger extension in it.
                        but i am not sure how effective is it.
                        check this link:

http://www.cartweaver.com/store/detail/?id=cw3php

Regards
                        Javed
                        • 9. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                          Günter Schenk Level 4
                          Hi Javed,

-------
                          I think Cartweaver PHP has got php debugger extension in it.
                          -------

well, wouldn´t one have to buy Cartweaver to get this debugger ? The other question is whether this debugger will just debug Cartweaver sites, or if it´s an "overall" thingy that´s debugging code regardless of its origin.

However, I don´t think that any PHP debugger would help you solving your problem, as the generated code usually runs pretty fast in the browser respectively when executed by the server -- but you´re encountering a "rendering" issue with Dreamweaver "the bottleneck" CS3, and that´s a completely different story.

Cheers,
                          Günter Schenk
                          • 10. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                            Hallo Gunter! I am still a student and have to learn a lot. I worked on CS3 and created flash buttons and imported them into dreamweaver. But they are not displaying in the browser. I've tested it on mozilla and IE. When I press play in dreamweaver they do show. What can be the problem?

Peace and Prosperity for 2008!

Suzan
                            • 11. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                              Günter Schenk Level 4
                              Hi Suzan,

----
                              What can be the problem?
                              ----

if this happens when viewing the page in question from your remote host, it might well be that you didn´t upload the flash button files.

Cheers,
                              Günter Schenk
                              • 12. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                                Hey Adobe Experts,

I have been building a site in DW CS3. I opened up one of the the .html files today and found that all of the images that I linked into my page don't show up, and instead I get a broken link icon.
                                This problem occurs on every page of my site. I haven't moved my root folder, or adjusted my links at all, just opened the files.

Anyone have an idea of what might be wrong?

Thanks for your help,

JOHN
                                • 13. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                                  Günter Schenk Level 4
                                  Hi John,

and you didn´t possibly move the images folder somewhere else ?

Honestly, if something like this happens on all pages, it doesn´t happen without having changed something in your site´s directory structure

Cheers,
                                  Günter Schenk
                                  • 14. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                                    Hello i have a problem with DW cs3 with flash buttons.when im trying to add a new flash button then i got always that message"button1.swf" is an invalid file name.please enter a different name.im trying a new name but it's same..plz can i have some help to solve that problem.

thanks for your help

Charles
                                    • 15. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                                      I have been trying to build a banner in dreamweaver cs3 with flash text, but i can neither save nor apply the text as i keep getting the error message,

"text1.swf is an invalid file name. Please enter a different name."

and i continue to get the message regardless of whatever name (with or without the .swf extension) I use.

help????
                                      • 16. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                                        Günter Schenk Level 4
                                        Hi Charles and Heather,

it seems you´re posting your Dreamweaver/Flash related questions in the wrong forums -- these ones are all about the "Dreamweaver Developer Toolbox" extension, whereas your posts should rather be posted to the regular Dreamweaver forums.

Cheers,
                                        Günter Schenk
                                        • 17. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                                          Why not offer people help instead of sending them away? How difficult it is to sort through all that information in Dreamweaver Developer Toolbox for one simple little thing? Doesn't make sense. I also cannot view my slide show viewer when upload to a server. It works perfectly on my Local drive. I do not have any spaces in my files or forgot to upload my files. It simply does not work. Why would adobe make such a useless feature?
                                          • 18. Re: Problem in dreamweaver cs3
                                            Um, when ever I try and open my Dreamweaver CS3 it keeps crashing and I can't open it or nothing, it just pulls up the loading screen and then crashes. Can anyone help?