2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2007 11:49 AM by (eric_santelices)

Registration Form posting to 3 tables

I am wanting to use ADDT to create a registration page that collects the following information as well as perform an email validation. I am using mysql and php, as you can see below I am posting data to 3 tables, and I could not find an easy way to perform this task with ADDT. Any Recommendations?

PHP FORM:
      FName
      LName
      email
      password
      phone #1
      type 1 (mobile or residential) [Radio Button]
      phone #2
      phone #3
      phone #4
      AckTerms&Cond [CheckBox]

my database layout is as follows:
      tblNumbers
      GUID
      Phone
      Type

tblUserReg
      GUID
      EMail
      Password
      Active
      VCode
      Terms

tblUserData
      GUID
      FName
      LName
      Address
      Address2
      City
      State
      Zip
        • 1. Re: Registration Form posting to 3 tables
          <eric_santelices@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c0543dc.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> I am wanting to use ADDT to create a registration page that collects the <br />> following information as well as perform an email validation. I am using <br />> mysql and php, as you can see below I am posting data to 3 tables, and I <br />> could not find an easy way to perform this task with ADDT. Any <br />> Recommendations?<br /><br />You can apply multiple insert transactions to the page, then link these <br />transaction together with a link transaction trigger.
          • 2. Re: Registration Form posting to 3 tables
            Level 1
            ok so what I did was use the wizard to create a form for the email address, password, first name, last name, and AckTerms&Cond.

I tested this form and all worked well.

Then I created the second form for a single phone number, and then used the link transaction trigger wizard found in server behaviors -> developers toolbox -> forms -> advance -> link transactions.

now I have 2 form on my page which is not my intent. When I copy and paste "form2" (eliminating the submit and form fields) into the original form and test it. I do not get any errors but when I check my database it is not posting to all the fields. I have examined the code that ADDT generates and ensured that I have changed the fields for the post of KT_Insert2 to KT_Insert1. But this still does not work.

Any other ideas?