3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2007 4:02 AM by Günter Schenk

Multiple file upload help please

(Laurence_Lewis)
      Hi,

I implemented the multiple file upload tool. I don't understand the sub folder concept. I set up the sub folder as a name "files" for a test and I notice I can only upload five files to the folder, I realise the no of files for this folder can be changed.

The situation I would like to achieve is where more than one person can upload their files and each persons files are added to the folder irrespective of the number of files already in the folder. I would also like this so that each new person does not see the files others have uploaded.

I appreciate any help

Laurence
        • 1. Re: Multiple file upload help please
          (Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
          As a follow up to this I tried selecting the default id. The file upload restriction was removed. I would like to achieve the following. A form where a persons details are recorded, the person is not stored in a DB, the said person fills in a form and uploads required documents. The recipient can view the details and download that persons documents.

I successfully create the forms for details but I need help with the above.

If this is beyond the realms of this forums help, I am prepare to pay for help, but please keep charges to a minimum

Laurence
          • 2. Re: Multiple file upload help please
            (Laurence_Lewis) Level 1
            Where i said the person is not stored in a DB this was an error. All details are to be stored in A MYSQL DB
            • 3. Re: Multiple file upload help please
              Günter Schenk Level 4
              Hi Lawrence,

---------
              I would also like this so that each new person does not see the files others have uploaded
              ---------

when you have all users upload files in the very same folder, it will of course be hard to tell who uploaded what file. One solution could be have the files uploaded to subfolders named after the current user´s login_id

Cheers,
              Günter Schenk
              Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver