1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2007 8:29 AM by Günter Schenk

Send recordset mail error

Hi There,
      Somehow I get errors when I send multiple emails from a recordset. It seems as if everything goes fine, as long as the emailaddresses used are real pop accounts. I used a test account, which then had to ben catched by the catch all address and it gave back this error:

SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: "Unknown User")]

These errors should not occur. Is there a workarround, so that the message is just send (as I normally can send it to any other user through my regular mail application)?

The application I am working on cannot miss one email, cause it is a import mechanism.

Kind regards,
      Benj
        • 1. Re: Send recordset mail error
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Hi Bas,

if you´re using ADDT´s "SMTP" option, did you add something to the "Username" field or is it blank ? However, it might well be that your host´s PHP configuration doesn´t support SMTP connection at all, and in this case you´ll need to resort to ADDT´s native "mail()" functionality by just defining the "Default sender" and leave everything else blank in ADDT´s Email Settings.

Cheers,
          Günter Schenk
          Adobe Community Expert, Dreamweaver